{ XXXVIII }

Shit

Shit. Shit. Shit. 

Leon aims his gun at the stairs and I don't blink in fear of him pulling the trigger. Because if he does, he's screwed. We're all screwed. 

'You have to get out of here.' All eyes turn to me and I watch as Leon's face turns from anger to confusion. 'What?' 

'You'll die if you don't.' I continue, turning to him entirely. 'I'm not leaving without you, Cataleya.' 

'You have to.' I say, looking deep into his eyes. Hoping that he sees the urgency. 

A few sets of footsteps set off an alarm in my head. 'Please go.' I beg him, trying to shove him back to my room so he can get out through the window. 

'Cataleya, I'm not leaving without you.' He repeats before grabbing my arm again. 

Leon pulls me back to my room and closes the door, locking it, before running to the window. 'Come on, we have to-' 'You have to go.' 

'Leya-' 'You have to leave without me, we won't both make it and I'm not leaving Isabelle here.' They will let it happen again. I can't let her go through that. 

'We'll come back for her later, come on.' He begs, ready to throw me over his shoulder to drag me out of here. 

A smile forms on my lips because of it. He could do that, he could throw me over his shoulder and make me leave, but he won't. Because he's not Rafael.

Rafael would do that. 

And that's exactly why I hate him. 

'Cataleya, please just come with me.' I hear sounds coming from down the hall and step closer to him as I shake my head. 'Go. Hunter will kill you if he finds you here.' 

'What about you?' He asks cautiously. I can see him fighting with himself as he moves closer as well. 

'He won't kill me.' I answer, knowing that Hunter won't. Not yet. I'm still somewhat on his good side. 'Now go.' 

'I'm going to get you out of here.' He says as I push him towards the window.

'I-' 'Cataleya!' Someone starts slamming on the door. 'Cataleya, open the door!' It's Hunter. Shit. 

'Go.' Leon almost pulls me out of the window with him, but I move back a few steps and fear for the door barging open right this moment. 

'I will be back, Leya.' He whispers as he climbs down the wall. I close the window and move the curtains a little, hoping that the seethrough bullshit will cover his tracks while he runs out of here. 

There goes my chance... 

'Cataleya!' I turn back around and take a deep breath while the door almost breaks in half at Hunter's strength. 'Are you okay?!'