{ Bonus Chapter 1 }

The door opens and I hear Marco talking to James as if he's ready to shoot him any moment now

It's as if I came in here just in time. 

'You know you will regret this!' James shouts as he glares at Marco. 

I look at my friend and notice the need in his eyes. I told him he couldn't finish this before I got here. And now that I'm here, I can see his patience has run very thin. 

'What did he have to offer?' I ask as I look at Marco. 'Nothing.' 

Marco slams his fist into James's face and I can tell that James is about to take his last breath soon. 

'You don't want to speak, huh?' I ask as I stare at his bruised face. He looks up at me, blood dripping from his mouth or nose. 

I can't even tell and I honestly couldn't care less. 

'I'm giving you two seconds to tell me what you know about any movement, before I allow my friend to finish the job.' 

'I'll die either way.' James mumbles and I grin to myself. 

Of course, James knows how this shit goes. He does it himself all the time.

'How about we make a deal?' I can see something flash through his eyes before it disappears, 'You tell me what you know, and I spare your precious partner. Doesn't that sound amazing?' 

James locks eyes with me and tries to see if I'm bluffing or not. He doesn't know how much information we have about him. 

'Wouldn't want precious Valerie to get caught up in this mess, would we?' Even in his beat-up state, he tries to launch himself at me. 

But due to the chair, he fails miserably and drops back down with a groan of pain coming from him. 

'Tell us what you know.' Marco says, lifting James's face with the end of some pipe. 

He takes a deep breath and struggles to keep his head up. If it wasn't for the pipe Marco's holding underneath his chin, he would've looked away already. 

'He-,' He groans when Marco pulls the pipe away, making his head fall onto his chest, 'He said he would do everything to prevent his little bird from marrying Marco Barsetti.' 

His little bird? Marco visibly shivers as he realizes who he's referring to and I can't help but chuckle lightly. 

'What does he want with her?' Marco shoves James's head back and glares down at him. I can tell how much he wants to kill James even more now, but stay silent. 

We need answers, then he'll be able to kill him. 

'She knows too much.' James mutters as a tear escapes his eye. I frown slightly at his statement and watch as Marco does the same.