{ XX }

'You two are up early

'You two are up early.' I don't have to turn around to see who it is. Noah rolls his eyes and waits for me to strike first. 

But so far, every time I did that, he shoved me to the ground. So now I'm waiting for him to strike first. 

'It seems like you have an audience, Ley.' He jokes, making me roll my eyes. 'Let's see if that will make you perform better.' 

He talks too much. 

'Hit me.' I know what he's trying to do, and it's almost working. But I won't cave in just yet. 

'You first.' I can hear Hunter chuckle as he circles around the mat we're on. 

Noah throws his fist my way and I block it, barely in time before it would've hit my shoulder, and kick him down, making sure that he stays on the ground by shoving him as hard as I can. 

He groans and sweeps his leg around, almost making me drop with him.

I can feel Hunter circling and try to keep him in eyesight while making sure I know what Noah is doing. 

'You learned.' 'Of course.' I chime, keeping my eyes on him. 

The last time he tried to distract me with words, he beat the shit out of me and wouldn't stop complaining about my defense. So I worked on it. 

'Taken two yet?' Hunter asks from the sidelines. 

I hate that he continues to do this. 

Messing with me while I'm working on myself, while I'm trying to get better at all of this. 

He's always around to meddle with me or mess me up. And I hate him for it. 

'We tried that and she managed.' I also hate that they're talking about me like I'm not even here. 

Noah jumps back on his feet and circles around me, waiting for me to strike first again. 

I ball my fist and go, throwing my fists at him with all I have, hitting him in the right spots, trying to move past his defense, striking fist after fist, kicking him down again, and hearing him groan. 

Hunter grunts behind me and suddenly, I'm lifted in the air, thrown across the mat. 

All the air leaves my lungs, and I groan as I roll on my back, looking at the bright lights on the ceiling. 

'Never stop checking your surroundings.' Hunter chimes as he helps Noah up first. Piece of shit. 

I sit up straight and rub my back, groaning because of the pain. I just got rid of all the other bruises and now this? 

'Keep your eyes open at all times and don't expect to have just one opponent.' He continues as he heads over to me, lending me his hand to help me up.