{ VIII }

I roll around in bed and look at Brandon, who's sleeping on the other bed in the room

I roll around in bed and look at Brandon, who's sleeping on the other bed in the room. He looks so peaceful. So innocent. 

And it's finally quiet. It has been the entire night. 

Finally.

No whispers of sorrow, no hugs, no telling me it's going to be okay. 

Just silence. 

Complete and utter silence. 

And to think that this is what I wanted.

I wanted silence. I wanted Brandon and Marco to finally leave me alone, I wanted to hide somewhere so they couldn't cuddle me and remind me.

But now that I'm sitting in silence, in complete darkness, my skin crawls. 

Because every corner in this room is too dark. Too shadowy. Too secretive.

As if someone will crawl from the shadows and haunt me again. A certain someone that haunts my dreams. 

But Brandon's here. He's laying in the other bed. He's here, so there's no way that someone is lurking in the shadows. 

There's no way. 

But my mind is playing tricks with me. 

Every time the wind blows against the curtains, I think someone is standing behind them, waiting for the right moment to come out. 

But when the wind blows hard enough to show me that there's nothing behind the curtains, and I see a glimmer of light shine through, I roll onto my back and take a deep breath. 

No one is here. 

Just Brandon. Just Brandon. 

I sit up straight and look around the room. noticing that some parts are still dark. 

Darker than they should be. No. 

Slowly and quietly, I get out of bed and walk towards the windows. I need light. 

I need to see the corners, so I need light. At least a little so that I can see that there are no shadows. That there's no one lurking in the corner of the room. 

I need proof. 

So I pull the curtain a little, letting the light enter the room. 

I can tell the sun's not out yet, but it's light out. 

'Veah? What are you-' Brandon yawns as he rubs his eyes, 'Go back to bed.' 

I stay by the window and close the curtains again, giving Brandon more time to sleep. 

I know I won't be able to anymore. 

'Neveah?' He asks, almost laughing at me. I smile and look outside, taking a deep breath as I notice the sun slowly shining through.