{ LXIII }

'Valentina?' I almost rub my eyes but stop when I feel a stinging pain rush through my entire body because of Marco's failed attempt at stitching my wounds

'What happened?' She breathes as she slowly moves closer to the bed I'm stuck in. 

'Nothing-' I move myself up as much as I can, 'What are you doing here?' 

She removes the blanket Marco tried to put over me, and stares at the other wounds on my legs. 

'Nothing,' She whispers as her entire body trembles, 'This is not nothing, Rafael.' 

'You shouldn't be here.' She moves even closer, taking a seat on the edge of my bed. 'You need to leave.' 

'And leave you like this? Are you insane?' She brushes her hand across my forehead, my skin warming up immediately, 'What the hell happened?' 

I can't believe she's actually here. 

She's here in this room, touching my face, looking at me. 

And I have to send her away again. 

'Valentina, you need to leave, it's not safe.' 

She shakes her head and takes a shaky breath, before looking into my eyes again, 'I'm not going anywhere.' 

'Valentina-' 'I am your wife. And whatever happened could've killed you, but you want to send me away?' God...  I missed her voice so much. 

'Tell me what happened, right now.' I sigh deeply and lean back, knowing that I'll pull her closer if I don't. 

She waits for me to answer, but I can't give her more reasons to stay. 

'Rio, tell me.' The desperation in her voice is killing me. 

'Just go.' Please... 

'Okay.' She mutters as she gets back up and walks toward the door. 

My heart starts racing as I watch her walk away, but it's what's best. 

It hurts to see her walk away and I have to fight the urge to go and find Marco who was supposed to go and look for some pills. 

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to control the pain rushing through my body. But it doesn't help at all. 

It seems to only make it worse. 

Why didn't I feel it before... Celine told me that adrenaline has a lot to do with how much you feel at first, but I didn't expect it to hurt this much. 

The door swings open and I immediately open my eyes, groaning at loud noise bursting through my ears. 

Valentina, a small woman, shoves Marco into the room and slams the door behind her.