{ XXXIV }

I lock the door behind me and look at the bed, Isabelle is sitting on the edge of the bed, facing me with tears in her eyes

'I can't believe him.' I say as I walk over to the other side of the bed. 'Leya it's fine, it's not like he can murder his uncle.' 

'He could.' She looks me dead in the eyes and starts laughing, wiping her tears away. 'And he should.' 

'He said he was going to talk to him about it, so we just have to wait and see what happens.' 

My blood is starting to boil again and I hate that Isabelle doesn't want me to talk to Hunter about it. 'He raped you, Isabelle, he deserves to be punished for it.' He deserves death.

'Can we just stop talking about it?' She asks as she lays down on the bed. The bed we're sharing now because she's too scared to sleep alone. 

Something I completely understand.

And ever since we moved to this horror house, I would much rather have her here as well. 

'I just want to take a long nap and never wake up,' She says, wrapping herself in the blankets, 'ever.' 

'I'll allow you to sleep until dinner, okay?' She groans and rolls over, before throwing her thumb in the air. 'Go rest.' I mumble as I head to the door, closing it behind me again. 

It's getting pretty late already and I haven't seen anyone today. 

'Leya?' Until now. 

I turn to Noah and watch as he moves closer to me. 'What's up with Isabelle?' 

'She's not feeling well.' A frown forms on his face and he heads to the bedroom door. 'She's trying to sleep so let her be.' 

I pull him with me, towards the living room or anywhere else, as long as he's away from Isabelle.

'Where is everyone?' Mostly Hunter since I have a bone to pick with him. 'We're all working on some stuff.'

'Some stuff?' Noah has never been secretive before, so I wonder why he's doing it now. 'Hunter didn't tell me what it is exactly, but he's going to inform all of us later.'

'Where is he?' Noah stops and frowns at me, slowly grinning at my question. 'Why do you want to know?' God... 

'Because I want to talk to him about something.' I say sheepishly, smiling at him. 'And why is that?' I want to smack the grin off his face, but that would blow my cover, so I simply roll my eyes and continue my way down the hall. 

'He's in his office, but he needs time to-' 'Thanks.' I chime, fastening my pace towards Hunter's office. 

'Leya!' I burst through the doors and smile at Hunter, who looks at me with a frown, but a soft smile as well, with his phone against his ear.