{ LXX }

'Sir, we're almost going to land

'Sir, we're almost going to land.' the man that introduced himself as Albert says.

Alessio nods, before glancing through the window on his right. Albert disappears again and I can hear the soft humming of the motors.

'Are you nervous?'

He doesn't look at me as he asks me his question, but I nod nonetheless.

My heart is racing. It has been racing ever since Alessio got me out of that hellhole.

'There's no need-' 'I've been gone for almost seven months, they probably thought I was dead.' He slowly looks at me and smiles cockily, 'If only Rio picked up one of my calls.'

He's way too stubborn...

But if he just picked up once, just once. Everything could've been different.

No. I can't blame him.

He has every right to not want to get in contact with Alessio in the first place, so I get it.

I just hope that they're all okay. That everyone is healthy and happy.

And Neveah... God, she better be there. She better be safe.

'You know why he didn't.' I state, making him frown at me for a split second before realization kicks in.

'I already apologized.' I nod and sigh deeply, before picking up the water bottle from the table. 'That doesn't bring back his father, does it?'

'You're not mad anymore. And I thought he hated the man more than anything?' Alessio says.

As if it is the same for me and Adriano. As if losing your father doesn't hurt despite the hatred Adriano has for his father.

Despite Adriano swearing up and down that it didn't matter if Luciano died or not, I knew it affected him more than he was ever willing to admit.

Because he changed. He swore to wait with falling in love and even hated it at times, but after his father's death, he turned into this cold and ruthless person. Not ever wanting anything to do with love at all.

And now he's married...

I used to think that it wasn't a good idea for Cataleya to get involved.

Neveah already had experienced this lifestyle and somehow managed to survive for so long, but I didn't think Leya would.

Yet here we are.

'You were young and stupid and didn't know what would happen,' I open the bottle and stare at the water inside, 'You were probably scared shitless too.'

I close the bottle and put it back on the table, suddenly feeling sick again.

It's either the nerves or the medication, but I can barely keep anything in and I hate it.