{ XXIII }

'You're being really harsh on Neveah

'You're being really harsh on Neveah.' Brandon says when we walk to the other room.

Some people walk by and greet me, making me feel on edge again.

I don't like these types of parties.

People come here to show off their riches, instead of getting shit done.

I only go to stuff like this because there's no violence allowed and it's a great place to get some good deals. Most of the time.

'Good thing I didn't ask.' I say, keeping up a smile for the people around us, 'Now cut the shit Barsetti.'

He rolls his eyes and stops walking, making Marco and I turn to him in confusion.

'You know sometimes I wonder why you even keep me around since you're always annoyed with me and shit.' I roll my eyes and step closer to him. 'Same goes for me if I'm being honest.'

'So just drop me then.' 'Maybe I will.' Marco slips between us, smiling since people are watching our heated conversation, and gently pushes us apart.

'Can we not do this right now?' He asks, pulling us to the side of the room.

I feel like a little kid for starting shit with Brandon, but he can be so annoying sometimes.

Especially when it comes to North.

'He needs to stop acting like a little bitch towards Neveah, she's been through enough and he's scaring her off.' There he goes again.

'And you need to stop acting like she's made out of glass, she's not a baby.' Marco rolls his eyes and stays in between us.

'Brandon, go get us some drinks.' He suddenly says, right as Brandon wants to reply. 'Excuse me? Do I look like some waiter to you?'

'Just go get us something to drink.' Marco repeats, pushing his brother towards the drinks.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, and head to the doors leading outside.

Most people are inside, leaving the porch almost completely empty.

I hate it here.

I hate every fucking second.

'What's going on with you?' Marco asks, he apparently followed me out here. 'What do you mean?'

He quickly glances inside, before turning back to me. 'You're angry, why?'

'Because I don't want to be here. We should've found her by now, what if-' No. She's not dead.

Hunter wouldn't go that far.

'She's still alive, we just have to know where she is and Nico is working on that.' Right.

He's trying to get us those files.