{ XVII }

I enter the room, making everyone look at me and nod, before they continue their conversations

'Neveah had the right files.' At least she did something good... 'What did you find?' I ask, looking at the papers in Vincent's hands. 

It's a bunch of things on Brooke Steel. 

'She's on a holiday with some friends.' He continues, handing me a new paper. It's a map of Spain and he circled Valencia. 'She's here?' 'Yes, she was spotted last night in one of the clubs there. My guess is, she's still there.' 

I take a seat in the chair at the end of the table and stare at the map again. 

Why would she be in Valencia? 

Brooke Steel has no association with her brother or father, but she's still a Steel. 

And maybe if we can get to her, we can get to Hunter. Which means we can get to Valentina. 

Now, I normally don't pull innocent family members into stuff like this, but they stepped over the line when they took Valentina. So I will too. 

'Where is Killian?' I ask. Everyone is here, even fucking Kai, but not Killian. 

'He's still searching the house, seeing if there's anything else we could use.' Marco says, taking a seat in one of the chairs surrounding the table. 

'Kai.' He flinches before looking at me, and I almost laugh because of it. God, the fear in his eyes is hilarious, 'Does Brooke know you?' 

'Something like that.' He mutters, quickly looking at the others, before ending at me. 

'What the fuck does that mean?' Nico asks, getting a little impatient. 

I know I have a short temper, but Nico is on an entirely different level when it comes to patience. But that's exactly why I feel like we need him. 

We need someone who won't hesitate or wait too long to move or get rid of someone. 

'She met me twice.' Kai continues, keeping something from us to be somewhat mysterious. 'Kai, if you won't spit it out already, I will shove my-' 'Both were... Drunk nights.' Oh... 

'You're telling me you slept with Brooke Steel?' Marco asks, laughing a little when Kai nods. 'Wait, so you're telling us you fucked your boss's sister?!' 

'I don't think he knows, but at least he knew she was safe.' Reminder, never send Kai to check up on anyone. Not that he'll stay with us after all of this is over. 

'Kai, you'll go with Killian  and take her back here.' I get up and walk towards the window, looking out to see if I see Killian's car anywhere. But there's nothing. 

The rain splashes on the ground, leaving it all gleamy because of the moonlight. 

'Why me?' 'Because you seem to know her pretty well already.' I say as I turn back to them.