{ XIV }

I roll out of bed early again, happy that I got at least a few hours of sleep in

I roll out of bed early again, happy that I got at least a few hours of sleep in. When the sun is up, so am I, but I'm not the only one. 

Vincent is also an early bird, typing away on his laptop as I walk past the living room. 

The entire table that was empty two days ago, has been occupied by all his computer shit. 

'Up this early again?' I ask as I walk into the kitchen to grab some water. He chuckles and continues to type on his keyboard, before going through some papers. 'A lot of things need to be done.' 

It feels like Vincent is trying to decode something every second he's awake. 

'Marco told me he gave you a flash drive a few days ago?' I nod and take a seat on the couch, 'Do you still have it?' 

'Yes, do you need it?' He nods and watches as I head to my room to grab the flash drive. 

When I get back into the living room I notice that Rio and Killian are both up as well. 

'Goodmorning Neveah.' Killian chimes before sipping his black coffee and looking at Vincent's screen. 

'Goodmorning, any news on the guy we're looking for?' I ask as I take a seat across from him and hand Vincent the drive. 

According to Vincent, some guy that lives here has files on almost every group in the world. He bought it from the Russians and has been very reticent about it. 

Which is understandable. 

The mystery guy deciphered some of the codes and filed every country separately. 

He's willing to sell some pieces, but it's an entire scavenger hunt to find him in the first place. 

Rio looks at me with a warning look, but I wonder why. He said we had to work with them, so he can't be mad that I'm handing him a flash drive, but that's not it. It's something else. 

Maybe it's because I'm asking questions? 

Not that it should matter, they didn't tell me anything yet. 

'Not really, but we have figured out that there's a girl he hangs out with most of the time.' Killian says, smiling at someone behind me. 'Any food left?' 

I look over my shoulder and meet Nikolai's gaze. 'No, no food at all.' Right... 

Last night we had to live off of three potatoes and some leftover chicken because there was nothing else. 

Let's just say that some of us ate nothing. 

Not that I mind, I wasn't that hungry anyway. 

But the others were. They were starving. 

'North, go grocery shopping.' Rio says, going through some papers that Vincent printed out. 'That's kind of sexist of you to send her.' Nico chimes, taking a seat next to me.