{ IX }

I roll over in bed and watch as the sun fills the room again

I roll over in bed and watch as the sun fills the room again. The room is light and flowy and exactly what I should need and want. But I need more. I want more. 

Just not here. 

I want to go back home. I want to hug my mom and tell her how sorry I am, how stupid I was to say those things. But I can't. 

I need to stay on the low. Out of sight from the world. With the guy that tortured my best friend.

A knock on the door stops me from thinking about it too much and I immediately climb out of bed. 'Who is it?' If it's Hunter, I swear to god I'll- 'It's Noah.' 

'Come in.' A good thing I already dressed earlier. The door slowly opens and Noah steps into the room. 'How are you feeling today?' He asks as he walks towards the big windows on the other side of the room. 

'I'm fine, when can I leave?' I ask, ready to run out of this place.

Hunter said that I was allowed to go whenever I wanted, but he also said that it would be a big risk to be outside without the right protection. So he would tell me whenever it would be safe enough. 

According to him, it will flow over and I'll be out before I know it.

But I don't trust it. I don't trust him.

'You are free to leave whenever you want,' Noah says in the most boring tone ever, 'But we should probably go for a walk first.' A walk? 

'Didn't your boss say that I should lay low for a few days?' He nods and leans back on the couch, smiling at me. 'My boss also said that you needed to go out since you locked yourself in for the last twenty-four hours, plus I'll come with you. There will be no threat and we could finally spend some time together.' 

Some time together... I must admit, Noah is not that bad to have around. So far. 

That's why I stayed in my room yesterday. Because he wasn't there. And I didn't want to risk bumping into Hunter on my own, so I stayed in here. 

Noah had to go and fix something, I don't remember what exactly, so I was alone in the house with Hunter for the entire day. 

'Fine, let me get changed then.' Out. I can finally go outside again. 'Sure, I'll be waiting right here. This couch is very comfortable.' 

I roll my eyes and walk towards the closet. 

Again, a bunch of summer dresses in a bunch of different colors. 'What is it with Hunter and dresses?' I mumble before grabbing a blue one. 

'He never buys those for Isabelle or any other girls.' Isabelle? Any other girls? 'So he does this often?' I ask as I head to the bathroom. 

'No. You're the first actually.' Then who are the other girls? Who is Isabelle? 

'Where did you go yesterday?' I ask as I change into the stupid dress. I just know I'm going to be cold in this stupid dress. But I don't have anything else to wear.