{ XXXVII }

There's still a leak somewhere in this shitty room I'm renting, but I'm too lazy to fix it

There's still a leak somewhere in this shitty room I'm renting, but I'm too lazy to fix it. And it's not like I'll be staying here for much longer. 

I walk over to the table filled with pictures, post-its, maps, and a bunch of other shit, and stare at it again. 

There has to be something I missed because there's no way Hunter Steel got her locked up. 

I know her location, but I have no clue when it's safe to go in.

If I'm going in there at night, I need to know what room I'm breaking into exactly in order to get it right. 

I can't have another accident. 

Nothing can go wrong this time. 

And I know that I should call Adriano for reinforcement, but I can't risk it leaking and leading back to Hunter. 

Because I heard about his plan to keep Cataleya. 

The girl my brother fell in love with. The girl that always cares. 

The girl that I led into the devil's den. 

Someone knocks on the door and I freeze, trying to listen to whispers or footsteps. Something that will indicate how many people are on the other side. 'Room service!' Shit.

I knew I should've packed and left as soon as I woke up, but I just had to look at everything one more time. 

'Room service, mister Curzio!' A too high-pitched voice chimes, making me roll my eyes. 

I quickly throw everything in a bag and head for the window.

'Curzio, we know you're in there! Open the door!' Idiots. 

When has that ever worked? 

They start slamming against the door again and I quickly peek outside. 

This is why I pick a room next to a roof outside... 

I climb through the window, but halfway through, the door bursts open and I make it just in time for them to see me. 

The people on the street are too focused on everything else to even notice me as I run over the roof, jumping from one to the other until I'm far enough to catch my breath, unable to go anywhere else. 

And they stopped following me already. 

I climb down onto a lower rooftop and jump onto one of those big containers, before landing on the ground in the middle of an alley. 

An alley that reminds me of the alley Cataleya followed me in. I saw Hunter drive after her and knew that he was following her, but I should've just risked it and ran with her. 

Maybe then she would be back already. 

And all of this shit would be over. 

Fucking hell... I stumble back onto the main road and try to blend into the crowd.