{ XXXVI }

{TRIGGER WARNING! TRIGGERING CONTENT! DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, THANK YOU! Otherwise, enjoy!} 

Hunter walks over to me and leans over the back of my chair, smiling devilishly. 'There's something I have to tell you.' 

I hate that he's standing so close to me, but contain the urge to throw up and smile.

'This early in the morning?' I ask, even though it's almost past two in the afternoon. 

'Are you kidding me?' Noah asks, taking a seat across from me, 'We trained for three hours straight and you took a nap, how is it still supposed to be morning?' 

'She didn't nap, we just hung out in her room.' Isabelle says, looking at the boys strangely. 'But nobody's talking to you.' Oh god... 

'Noah just shut up.' I say, staring him dead in the eyes. 

He's still pissed about us not telling him what happened between Isabelle and Skull, but I won't be the one to tell him. 

And Isabelle has been ignoring him whenever he asked, so this is how he's acting towards her. 

'I wasn't talking to either of you, so could you please give us a moment.' Hunter says, glaring at Isabelle and Noah. 

They both sigh deeply and leave the room even though they just walked in, leaving me all alone with Hunter. 

No... I told Isabelle about what happened and she almost ran to Hunter's room the moment I told her. 

But I told her I'll keep up the act for just a little while longer. 

At least until we're certain there's a gap between the guards at night. 

Because yes, he hired guards. 

They roam around every night, but I think there's a gap between the shifts. 

I've been watching them for a few nights and I realized that they sometimes come in late around midnight. 

Soon we'll leave around that time. If we're certain that they miss their shift. 

'You look tense.' He says, taking a seat next to me. 

I keep my eyes on him and shake my head, smiling a little. 'Noah just wrecked me with training today.'

'Well, then you might want to stay in your room for the rest of the day.' He says, looking deep into my eyes. 'And why is that?' 

Just as he's about to answer, the front door slams open, the sound of it echoing through the halls. 

What the fuck is that? I get up from my seat and watch as Hunter does the same, instantly walking over to me to somehow protect me from whatever it is that's going on. 

'Leya you need to-' The door to the dining room bursts open and I stumble back, actually wanting to hide behind Hunter. 'She needs to talk to me.'