{ LIII }

'When can we go?' Isabelle asks impatiently, waiting for the others to finish their plates

She has been wanting to get her hair done for a while now.

'Don't be so impatient Isabella.' Marco taunts as he takes a sip of his glass. 

Everyone goes silent, all the side conversations disappearing, and they all turn to Marco. 

He barely said a word throughout the entire lunch because he was too busy listening to Leon about someone that they have to talk to about some guns coming in soon. 

Isabelle turns to him too, ready to strangle him until he begs for his life. 

'For the last time, it's Isabelle!' She sneers with her hands flat on the table, 'And I wasn't talking to you in particular.' 

Marco grins to himself, placing his empty glass on the table before he slowly climbs out of his seat. 

'Whatever you say, Isabella.' She rolls her eyes at him and turns to me for help, but all I can do is stare in awe while Marco walks out of the room. 

I don't think I've ever seen Marco like this. Sure he enjoys annoying Neveah sometimes, but nothing like this.

Never this... Flirty. 

'Can we please go?' She asks again. 'What's with the rush?' Killian asks, raising a brow as well. 'It's her birthday and she wants to get her hair and nails done.' Brandon answers when Isabelle doesn't. 

'It's your birthday today?' Marco asks, stumbling back into the room. 

'You didn't tell him?' I ask, looking at Isabelle now. She shrugs and stares at her hands, trying to avoid everyone's gaze. 'I didn't think it mattered to him.' 

And just like that, Marco's gone again. 

'Happy birthday Isabelle.' Leon, Vincent, and Killian say in unison, making Isabelle smile at them as a thank you.

'I have to make some phone calls, but you girls have some fun today.'  Vincent says as he takes his leave, not looking at Celine once. 

'We just need to wait for Veah and Victoria to get back, then we'll leave.' Celine says, cuddling Leroy who's sitting on her lap.

'Come with me.' Killian says, grabbing Brandon's hand. 'I'll be back in a few minutes.' 

'Make it an hour.' Isabelle jokes as the two guys leave the room, 'We have to wait for Neveah anyway.'  

'They sure are taking long.' Leon says, trying to peek into the hall to catch a glimpse of his girlfriend or Victoria. 

'Or you're just too obsessed with her to wait longer than twenty minutes.' Rio says, keeping his eyes on Leon. 

'Stop mocking him.' Rio turns to me, our eyes instantly locking, and I feel something run down my spine. 'Do I need to keep you here, Valentina?' 

Shame creeps up my face, probably making me blush like crazy, and I keep my eyes on his.