48

While Felicity I was in hospital for her 'checkup', Ava was diligently studying and attending her college classes

As she was rushing to her morning classes, near a sharp turn, she bump into something or someone.

When she collided with the person, she felt something cool slipping down the front of her shirt on impact. Dazed, she balance herself from falling down and and down at her shirt that was soaked with brown liquid staining the peach coloured cotton material.

She looked up to see the person whom she collided with, only to find that it was none other then a petite figure that stood in front of her in shock and panic.

Gina got a call from Amelia early in the morning asking for her to to meet near the fountain in block B of the College campus. As she was in a rush, she managed to run into to the person who who hated her the most.

Ava frowned but did not try to apologize, they were both in rush, the one who had her shirt soaked was her and facing Gina, who she still did not like, she wasn't going to say sorry.

"I-" Gina bit her lips as her fingers fumbled around the plastic cup of coffee in her hand, seemingly waiting for a humiliation.

Ava however did not pay any attention to it and tried to move past her only to be stopped in the track by Gina.

"I didn't mean to," Gina said softly and some tears started pooling around her eyes as she looked at the mess she created on Ava's shirt.

"I'm getting late," Ava dryly said, irritated and annoyed at Gina. Her instincts always told her that this girl was pretentious and evil so she did not like Gina one bit.

However, as Ava tried to step sideways, she was blocked again by Gina who had taken out a tissue from somewhere and was petting it over her shirt, trying to clean the mess but it was only making it spead around even more and making Ava uncomfortable with her physical touch.

"Get off!" Ava grabbed her wrist and struggled away from Gina. Gina was shocked when her hand was shook off of Ava's shirt. Her eyes which one or coated with thick layer of tears, seemed extra pitiful.

Looking at Ava's stern expression, she could not help but ask out loud.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

Ava was also shocked by the sudden question and frowned.

"I don't hate you but I don't like you either," she said softly.

"Why?" Gina's voice cracked slightly.

"Do I need a reason to not like someone? I don't because I just don't. Now, please, stop disturbing me," Ava said and stepped past Gina with a huff, going in on her way.

Ava really did not like Gina, the college worshipped her as if she was some type of goddess, she acted like a tiny mouse in a room filled with cats, Ava really did not like her as a person. Before Felicity came in, Ava was a bit more harsh with her words but she never approached Gina to hurt her.

It was as if, they were fated.

Gina's hands subconsciously tightened around the coffee cup as she her eyes traced Ava, walking away. Suddenly, there was a sound of footsteps behind her and Gina turn around only to come face to face with her best friend Amelia.

Amelia was waiting near the fountain for Gina but when she did not see her coming, she felt herself getting worried after all trouble seemed to find Gina wherever she went. As her eyes met with Gina's tear filled eyes, her gaze darkened significantly.

Amelia forcefully grabbed Gina's chin lifting it up and studying Gina's tear stricken face.

"What happened?" Amelia growled angrily.

"They hate me! They all seem to hate me so much! What have I ever done to them? Why do they keep making things difficult for me when I have when nothing but polite to them. Is it because I'm poor? Is this why they hate me so much?" Seeing her best friend's protectiveness, Gina who had been holding onto her feelings for quite a long time, suddenly bursted out in tears and sobs.

"What did they do? Who is this 'they'? Tell me Gina! You always like to suffer in silence alone, this can't keep going on! You don't deserve any of this. You are not the bad guy here," Amelia said loudly, she felt so aggrieved for her best friend who had been bullied almost all her life. She did not have any parents, she had been struggling all alone.

"It's them! Ava and Felicity! You know how I have been doing shows and casting in movies recently? A few weeks ago a new record label called 'RED' came to sign a few artists under them, although the record label is new but it is rumoured that they have strong supporters. Even Alexander dosen't come to Jinxing, came to personally participate in the contract. They are big! If I had gotten this opportunity, then it would have been my big break but I wasn't even considered. At first I thought that maybe it is because I am new but then I saw Felicity and Ava alongside the Alexander and CEO of that record label. They must have done something! They hate me so much," Gina chocked as her sobs got more heart-wrenching towards the end.

She did not even realise that they so-called CEO of RED that she was talking about, even she did not know who he was and that she was only assuming that it was Davis.

"These fucking bitches," Amelia spat as her hands tightened into strong fists. She felt so angry that she wanted to grab Ava by her hair and teach that good for nothing heiress a good lesson.

Gina who was surprised by Amelia's reaction, took a step back in shock.

Seeing Gina get scared, a warm smile came onto Amelia's face and she gently stroked Gina's hair like a big sister.

"Don't worry! You have been working so hard to establish a foothold in entertainment industry and you have been successfully advancing forward on your own, as long as you are determined, no one can take your chance away," Amelia smiled softly as she coaxed Gina into calming down.

Gina who was comforted by her bff, calmed down and smiled at Amelia. Her smile was bright enough to light up the whole world.

"Let's go," Seeing Gina go back to normal and smile softly, Amelia grabed Gina's hand and started waking towards the canteen again, to buy another cofee for her.

As they walked, Gina did not notice a dark and protective smile on Amelia's face.

'I will protect and avenge you Gina! Aren't you and Ava's sidekick going to Capitol? You will have your gift by the time you come back.'

I saw a few comments saying that the novel was slow and the chapters were short, it's making it boring

I saw a few comments saying that the novel was slow and the chapters were short, it's making it boring. To that, I will say that all the chapter are around 1000 words and that hasn't changed. Maybe they feel short because of some reason? But technically they of the same length.

Also I thought maybe it was because I was taking things slow? So I started to fast pace the novel. Now I cover two points in one chapter and I've re arranged the whole chapter plan.

I hope that I'll be able to keep the plot interesting, the fights and conon fodder disposal will begin, we are moving forward now! Fighting!

Also, thank you for all the support till now.

Sya-
V.