91

"Congratulations," Roman opened a bottle of expensive champagne and poured a glass of it, then he proceeded to pour himself one

"Congratulations," Roman opened a bottle of expensive champagne and poured a glass of it, then he proceeded to pour himself one. They were right now in the middle of a lake, on Roman's private yacht. They were celebrating Gina's marvelous win in the starlight awards ceremony.

"Hahaha, I can't believe I made it! thank you so much for being there and supporting me," she was already a bit tipsy but she was not planning on stopping anytime soon. She felt so happy that she wanted to let go of all the restraints that she has had over herself all this time and enjoy life to the fullest even if it is just for tonight.

"Nah it's all you, your talent and your hard work," Roman shook his head and looked at Gina. His eyes were sparkling as he stared into hers. This was the first time she had seen him like this. His eyes were practically leaking honey as they curved up into a smile.

"Including your support," Gina stressed and clicked her glass of champagne against his. Her eyes stared into the distant serene water that encircled them from each side. As moonlight fell onto the water, it sparkled as if someone has poured silver glitter into the lake. The water was very calm and just by looking at it, Gina felt the calmness seep into her soul, leaving only a lingering feeling of contentment.

"I am so happy, today is the best day of my life," she signed still staring into the distance.

"you will probably have even better days coming ahead," Roman started into her eyes that were reflecting the sparkling lake water.

"I hope so but nobody knows the future," A bittersweet smile came onto her face. Just a year ago, if someone had told her that this would be her life after a year, she would laugh at their face but fate is a very complex entity. Today it stands alongside her but who knows when it will start walking away from her

"Whatever the future holds I will be there for you," it was like a promise that Roman made then and there. The intensity of his words and the passion that his voice held, made Gina snap away from the view and look toward him only to find him staring at her. His expressions mirrored the same passion that his voice held.

The expression was so intense that it made Gina panic. He was looking at her with affection, affection that she held for only Alexander Lu.

"i-i-" Gina fumbled and started backing away with a panicked expression but Roman quickly stopped her in her tracks by holding her hand

"Wait," he reached out and tried to stop her from backing away. To Roman, her panic did not look out of place. He just thought that she was surprised by the way things were heading towards.

"Sorry," Gina shook her head and tried to snatch her hand away from his grasp but Roman held onto her so tightly that the little force her body could apply was of no use against his.

"Gasp-" a gasp left her mouth as soon as she saw Roman kneeling on one knee in front of her with his hand slowly letting go of hers but now it was too late for her to turn around and run away.

"Ever since the day we met, you have had a piece of my mind. I don't know what it means to like someone but my feelings for you are not simple Gina Chen, Will you be my girlfriend?" kneeling on one knee Roman confessed his feelings. His cold and exquisite face held a small yet warm smile. Under the bright moonlight, his pale unblemished skin shined as if a thousand stars were embedded in his skin. Gina could almost see a halo behind him.

Suddenly mesmerized, Gina paused but instantly snapped out of it and shook her head hurriedly.

"Sorry no," a simple yet earth-shattering reply came out of her mouth before her petite figure ran into the dim lights on the yacht deck, into the door leading towards the corridor that led to the cabins. As soon as she entered her cabin, she shut the door behind her and slumped against it.

A million thoughts ran through her head accompanies by a thousand questions about how things led to this moment. Where did she go wrong? Where did it begin?

Answers kept coming into her head consequently. It was there from the beginning. His favors, his support, his worry, his help. It all amounted to a reasonable answer.

She was not a fool, she knew he liked her and yet she led him on because she was scared of losing his support.

But who would have thought he would confess? It was so unfair, just when she thought that things were going right comma everything shattered right in front of her. She saw him as a friend but he wanted something more than just her friendship, was it not unfair? Why must she feel pressurized by his feeling?

Two hearts were in turmoil. One in the warmth of her own cabin bed while the other in the coldness of the night breeze.

When the night came, Gina heard a knock on the cabin door. She groggily opened the cabin door and looked at the person who had been knocking against it. As her eyes met with a set of red eyes of Roman, remembrance of yesterday's events hit her like a truck.

She opened her mouth to speak but Roman beat her to it.

"We're on shore, I've booked a driver for you, he'll leave you home," with that he turned and walked away, leaving Gina standing at the door, starting at his lean and jaded frame fade away from her sight.