62

As Ava was about to turn and head back to her room upstairs, she felt a presence behind her

As Ava was about to turn and head back to her room upstairs, she felt a presence behind her. Frightened, she turned back only to find a tall figure standing behind her in baby blue silk pajamas.

It was no other than Felix, who stood there with his hands clenched tightly on his side. His pale face looked haggard and his jet-black hair tussled messily as a few strands fell on his forehead giving him a lazy look. His face was contorted in an angry expression and the light cast shadow on his face making him look even more dangerous.

"You've been avoiding me," Felix said in a low voice.

Ava was so shocked that she took a few steps back.

"No, I'm not," she tried not to be too loud so as not to wake other people, sleeping in their own rooms.

"Yes you are," Felix said. These past few days have been nothing but stressful for him. He did not know what he did wrong, he kept blaming himself and pondering over and over about why Eva was ignoring him like that. At first, he thought that maybe it was unintentional but after a few days passing by, he was sure about it.

"No! I'm not," Ava insisted. She had been avoiding him these past few days but now that he was right in front of her, she did not know what to say anymore.

"The texts say it all" Felix directly pulled out his phone from his pocket and showed the messages between them. There were more than 20 messages that he had sent to Ava but Ava did not reply to them and just left them on read.

"Well I wasn't meaning to," Ava blushed at the sight of his messages. Who was she kidding? It was particularly obvious that she was intentionally ignoring him, still, she chose to keep on lying.

"You are not fooling anybody Ava" Felix stressed. He was not having it! He wanted her to tell him why she was doing it, did he do something wrong?

'Just tell him, you love him!'

'Who are you kidding? You don't deserve him!'

'He's too good for you!'

There was a massive internal conflict within her that finally made her snap.

"So what? So what if I was ignoring you? I was tired okay? I had to do the packing and I got tired after it," she snapped and said in a raised voice, she did not care anymore if she was waking people up.

For a second Felix first looked at her with his face morphed in a look of shock and surprise combined. He took a few minutes to grab his composure back and then sighed.

"Is that all?" he asked with a heartbreak flashing in his eyes.

"Yes, it is." Ava stuck to what she said.

"Fine" Felix noted, turned back and went to his room that was on the ground floor and closeed the door behind him. Watching him leave, a part of her wanted to stop him but the other part aggressively stopped her.
She went back to her room and just like that everyone in that house went to sleep.

"Good morning," next morning when Ava woke up she found that everyone was already dressed and seated at the breakfast table with a big scrumptious meal sitting on the table.

"Good morning," everyone replied back except Felix who did not even look up from his plate.

"I wanna sunbathe today," Felicity said after sometime.

"Me too," Ava joined in. She was sure that Felix wouldn't sunbathe because he didn't like being under the sun so she decided to go sunbathing with Felicity.

"I wanna go fishing and then collect shells," Fiona said as she chewed on the shrimps.

"Hey I'll join u in collecting shells," Alexander suggested with a smile.

"Ohh I was thinking maybe we'll go shopping today and then rest tomorrow but this is also fine," Mrs. Lin said, she can go shopping tomorrow.

"I know a place where shells get swept up on the shore a lot," Alexander helped Fiona skin some more shrimps and put them on her plate.

"I'll bring the fishing rod from the shelf after breakfast," Felix added. He would just join Fiona and Alexander when it comes down to it.

"We'll go boating," Mr. Lu looked at all his wife and peers and they nodded in return. So it was decided.

Everyone went their merry ways and Ava settled herself on the beach hair beside felicity.

Around the afternoon Felix and Alexander came back with buckets in their hand and there was a sound of something slapping in the bucket showing that they were successful in catching a few fish. Fiona also came behind them with the fishing rod in her hand and a huge smile on her face.

"Let's go pick up the shells," after Felix and Alexander put the bucket outside the beach house, Fiona suggested going for picking up the shells.

"You said u know a place?" Felix asked Alexander.

"Yes I wanted to go on a walk yesterday before sleeping and I came across this place," Alexander nodded as they walked past Felicity and Ava. "Will u be joining?" He made sure to ask both of them.

"Sure," Felix nodded. She was already tanned. She'll get sunburned by a few more hours.

"I'll join too," Ava also got up. It was better than staying alone here, Felix had also been ignoring her the whole day so she thought that he would keep doing so.

All of them went to the site Alexander told them about, it was near a rock cave and their some joint rocks surrounding that place as well as a few trees. When the Waves come, some of the shells get stuck in between the gaps of the giant rocks and the place had many shells scattered all around it.

Fiona started picking up as many of the big and beautiful shelf as she could. Others also joined her.

While picking up the shell, Ava did not notice that she had left the group and went behind the big rocks. As she bent down to pick a beautiful blue stone she felt someone grasp her hand and pull her towards them.

"Gasp- what the hell?" Eva flinched and glared back at the culprit she was sure she knew.

Whenever I get a notification of someone commenting on any chapter: