79

"Here are the invites," manager Guan placed an invitation on the top of the conference table

"Here are the invites," manager Guan placed an invitation on the top of the conference table. The invitation was in beautiful magenta color with a white bow on top and it was addressed to Kiazika. The purpose was to invite Kiazika as a guest performer on the first day of Jennifer Wang's domestic concert that was scheduled to commence on the 16th of this month.

"Hmm...only two people would be performing side by side at the end of the show. One is Jennifer Wang and the second one is you," Davis picked up the invitation and recited its content to everyone in the room.

As soon as manager Juan got this invitation, he held an emergency meeting and everyone except Alexander, who was currently on a business trip to Monaco was invited.

"It's like a showdown between you two," Ava spoke and narrowed her tired eyes at the invitation in Davis's hand. Her eyes were red and there were dark circles under them because it turned out that after Felicity sent her some drafts last night, Ava spent the entire night, staying up and writing a  composition.

"That's what they'd like to have," Davis nodded and put down the invitation. Davis too looked exhausted- the reason for his exhaustion was simple- Davis was now permanently settling in city S. He had earned enough money to purchase a villa in the south of the city where many affluent people lived and brought his grandma to live here with him from Tian Bei city.

Davis's parents passed away when he was a child. His grandma raised him in the countryside and when he was a teenager, he was sent to a high school in Tian Bei, where he met Jordan Wang. Now that he had a stable income, he wanted to bring his old grandma to live with him. But the whole shift while managing a company side by side was taking a toll on him.

"Why are they doing this," Kiazika stared at it with confusion and anger in her eyes. After she started her thereof sessions, she got on better terms with her pain and got a bit better. She felt angry and defeated, why was this woman who was ten years older and had never talked to her, trying so hard to ruin her career?

"One final blow, to finally end us once and for all," Felicity concluded and leaned back on her chair. Even though she looked tired, it was because Alexander was a bit distant previously and it was affecting her but he made a point to visit her before going on the trip to Monaco and the way he acted made it seem like things were still normal and she was the only one overthinking.

However, it was like one anxiety was replaced with other. Suddenly, Ryan started acting distant. It has been almost a week since they last met, and Ryan was too 'busy' to meet her. In fact, every time she would call, the way he sounded felt strange to her. It felt as if he was holding back something or he just sounded off.

"The netizens will only hate Kiazika even more," Davis commented.

"Not if we show them the truth," manager Juan who was silent the entire time finally spoke.

"Tell them Kiazika is ready," Felicity looked at manager Guan in agreement and spoke with an assertion that mirrored that of Alexander Lu.

"...But," for a second, as soon as she heard that she will have to face the crowd and perform, Kiazika panicked.