55

Felix fast a soup bowl to Ava, while he was sitting on the chair beside the hospital bed and Ava was sitting on the bed

Ava gratefully accepted the soup bowl that was gently offered to her and took a whiff of mild herbs that were combined with the fragrance of tangy pumpkin soup.

Without another word she started snacking on the pumpkin soup peacefully. As she was halfway done with the soup, she turned her head to sneak a peek at Felix, only to find him intently staring at her.

"why do you always go so silent when we're together?" Felix said when he saw her looking at him.

"I don't," Ava replied after gulping another mouth full of pumpkin soup.

"You do," Felix gave her a pointed look. He always notices that she deliberately does not say much when he is in front of her. A few days ago, to check this theory, he hid himself outside the the room while his mum came to meet Ava. At that time he realise that his suspicion was correct, Ava deliberately does not talk much when he is around.

"Does she not like me? Does she find me brothersome?"

"Are you scared of me?" Felix could not help but ask bluntly when he did not get the answer he was prying.

"No," Ava shook her head.

"Are you shy?" Felix raised his eyebrow.

"What! No," suddenly flushed little face appeared in front of his eyes, the the beautiful woman in front of him was blushing as hard as a tomato in her tomato soup.

"Hm-mm," Felix hummed with a 'caught ya' expression on his face.

"It has already been five days since the incident and the doctor said you'll be discharged tomorrow," seeing that she was still very shy, he decided to change the topic.

"Is that so?" Ava was pleased when the topic was changed.

"Hmm, I have sent two of my housekeeper and chef to your apartment already. When you get back, you won't have to do anything." Felix said.

He had long noticed that Ava specifically liked the food that he had bought every time with him, since she like it so much, he took over the responsibility of her food from then on. Everyday he would ask his chef to make a healthy and nutritious dish and then he would personally deliver it to her.

Now that she was about to be discharged, he asked his chef to go serve Ava instead so she can enjoy the food she likes everyday.

"Thank you," Ava said gratefully. These five days, she noticed that Felix was a very careful and considerate individual.

"Ohh and don't worry about little Lee she didn't get caught in the investigation about Amelia's condition," when Ava was done, she nonchalantly passed the soup bowl to Felix, he took it and kept it on the table beside him. Their actions were in sync without them even noticing.

"That's good, I didn't expect her to go beat Amelia up like that. I heard Amelia had fractured her left arm and the injuries are enough to keep her hospitalized for two weeks," Ava said gratefully, it felt good to have true friends, they are always there to support you through thick and thin.

At first she thought that she was fine by herself but now she felt as if a missing puzzle pieces has now finnally been placed at its right spot.

"Hmm, i didn't expect her to do this either. Another thing is that Davis called when you were sleeping, he said that Kiazika's single has already topped the charts ever since it came out, Kiazika is getting good exposure and shows are eagerly wanting to have her on their show." Felix got up and filled water in in a glass. His motions swift and articulate.

Ava's eyes travelled to his arms with rolled up sleeves of his white shirt, his arms looked powerful and they were adorned with veins. As he gripped a jug tightly, can't help but imagine them gripping her thighs as they-

Shhhhhhhhh not the time Ava!

"Ahh two good news at the same time," Ava said, finally managing to get rid of those nasty thoughts.

As Felix turned around to give her the glass of water, his gaze went to her face that tiny satisfying smile on it.

For some reason he felt like it could light up his whole world.

Ava streched her hand to take the glass of water but it was immediately grabbed by Felix as he held her hand tightly in his clutch.

"Felix,"

"Sometimes I think that they way you behave when you see me in person is as if you don't even know my name," Felix said still holding her hand.

"Does it matter?" Ava said nervously, it felt like her hand was lit on fire.

"It matters, it definitely matters when I'm pursuing a girl and she avoids me the first chance she gets," Felix left go of her hand and sat down calmly, looking straight into her eyes as if to read her emotions.

"You-"

"No, you, I'm talking about you." 

"Why are you suddenly so straightforward-" Ava was so nervous by this sudden confession, if it can even be called that.

"It's because I thought that you do not know that I am chasing you, so I should make it clear," Felix smiled warmly, she liked him just as he liked her. He was clear now.

"Is it clear now?" He said.

"Crystal," Ava nodded and gulped down the whole glass of water in one breath. Her chest was heaving up and down as if she just ran a marathon.

"Pfft-" after a pause, a snort was heard.

"What is there to laugh? Why are you laughing?" Ava said in an irrigated tone. Why was he laughing at her now?

"...no reason"

no reason"