113

The marvelous banquet was coming to an end and one could say that it was a big success

The marvelous banquet was coming to an end and one could say that it was a big success. Hundreds of the most powerful humans gathered in one hall, it was filled with glory and charisma.

As the night came to a halt, the guests started leaving. Even old master Lu and old mistress Lu had retired for the night and had gone back to their mansion. The couple was old, they couldn't handle staying up late enthusiastically and left Garrett and Sienna to handle the guests for the night.

Felicity's feet were aching by now because of her high heels and she too wanted to go back home to her bed.

"There's one last person I need to meet," Alexander spoke.

"One more??? I can't! My heels are killing me," Felicity shook her head. If she were to stand in these heels for even one more minute, she might start groaning from pain.

Alexander paused, looking at her feet, and walked her to the nearest chair.

"You should rest here, I'll come and get you once I'm done. That man you're seeing over there? He's Harry Walder. His parent left the country for the USA and later started their own business there. Harry is a second-generation American and he's blessed with golden fingers. That man single-handedly man their family business grow into a company with billions of turnover in US dollars. Now that his parents are old, they wanted to return to their homeland so Harry has decided to accompany his parents and wants to establish a foothold in domestic business by shifting his main office to S City." Alexander pointed towards a man who looked to be in his late thirties and whispered so close to Felicity's ear that she visibly shivered. The man had brown hair and beside him was a beautiful Caucasian woman who appeared to be his wife.

"I want him to partner up with Lu Conglomerate for project Citrus and that is why it is very important for me to go and talk to him," Alexander revealed this confidential business matter to Felicity like it was nothing and went his merry way, leaving her speechless.

On his way, Alexander whispered something in the hotel staff ear who was there to help run the banquet easily. Felicity watched him make his way towards Harry with all his effortless charm and converse with him. Minutes later, the same hotel staff Alexander had whispered to, brought a cup of this hot chocolate and handed it to Felicity.

"Mr. Alexander said you were shivering from the cold so he ordered an increase in temperature for the A.C. And ordered a hot chocolate for you," the man said and quickly left, leaving Felicity speechless for a second time.

She sat there, drinking hot chocolate and watching Alexander talk to Harry. It looked like things went well when he returned after a contented handshake.

They left the hall together with eyes digging at their backs.

As soon as they got away from the worrying eyes, Alexander quickly scooted her up like a princess and started striding toward the exit.

His action thoroughly panicked Felicity but thankfully nobody was there to witness this.

The private parking lot of the hotel which was reserved by the Lus tonight for themselves was almost empty as everyone had left.

Alexander walked towards his car and gently lowered Felicity so she could get back on her feet but because her feet had lost all their strength, her heels twisted and she almost fell.

Luckily, Alexander caught her in time by supporting her waist before she could plant her face on the concrete floor.

"Whoops- that was dangerous," she chuckled mischeviously and looked up lasting his eyes. Their face was so close that she could feel his breath on her face.

Alexander, who too was caught off guard couldn't help but stare into her obsidian eyes and time seem to have paused.

Their face got closer and their breath hitched in their throats. At that moment, everything slipped out of their minds and they could only focus on each other's warmth.

Alexander lowered his head, leaning towards hers as she met him halfway. Their lips collided with intimate sparks and naked passion. The kiss started off soft as their lips tangled like two lovers slow dancing to the beats of their favorite song till the fiery excitement took over their actions and the kiss deepened.

His tyrannical administration over her lips was met by her sinful rebellion. Nobody backed down from the battle till Alexander pulled her closer by her waist and conveyed his devotion through his kiss. Their tongue danced in perfect harmony but the kiss was broken off when Felicity snapped out and pulled away from him.

She stood there in shock, staring at his face with an expression that resembled 'shame'.

"I- This- It's a mistake-," she spoke, making a run for it.

By the time Alexander regained his senses, she was long gone. He was left devastated in the abandoned parking lot as the night grew colder.

 He was left devastated in the abandoned parking lot as the night grew colder

What you looking for! We got what you're looking for!

There you go, the wait is over

Visual representation of you and I when she pushed him away: