70

"Congratulations," Roman raised his glass of wine with a smile at Gina

After the release of the drama Yearning For Love', Gina's life took a turn for the best. She was an A-listed celebrity, had her schedule packed, was now one of the highest-paying actresses and now she had a bright future at her feet.

Roman looked at the girl he loves. She has changed. The old Gina Chen, who was always dressed in some low-price clothing and little to no makeup on her face, wasn't there anymore. Now, the Gina in front of him was donned in lavish clothes and accessories. She had makeup on her face which did the job of emphasizing her already beautiful face. She looked gorgeous.

But, regardless of how different she appeared, her smile was still the same, her laughter was still the same and so was her kind heart. She was still the person that he fell in love with.

"Thank you, it wouldn't be the same without your efforts," Gina smiled and raised her glass of wine clicking it against his. She was very greatful to Roman, who helped her change her life to what it is now. Life was better, she could afford the clothes she wanted instead of putting them down after looking at the price tags. She could eat what she wanted without worrying about sleeping on an empty belly. She was an orphan and had worked her ass off all her life in order to live by herself. She met many amazing people on the way, one of them was Roman and after he came into her life, her life took a turn for the best. She was thankful.

Why he did do it? She knew he liked her. Probably even loved her. But her heart belonged to someone else. She at times wanted to tell him that she couldn't give him what he wanted but she wasn't ready to lose him.

"No no, it's all you, this is what you deserve if you hadn't saved me that day I wouldn't be alive," Roman smiled. His smile looked seductive. If it were any other woman, she would have swooned over his smile but she did not feel anything but appreciation. Roman tapped his fingertips on the table patiently, studying her and admiring her beauty. Then, he reached out to his pockets and pulled out a small velvet box from his pocket. He put the box in front of her and motioned her to open it. Taken aback, Gina slowly reached out towards the box and opened that only to find a beautiful pendant in the shape of a rose the rose was carved out of a sparkling ruby and there was a platinum chain covered in small diamonds. Under the restaurant lights, it sparkled marvelously, making Gina gasp.

'It must be very expensive,' she thought to herself and wanted to return it but then thought against it. Roman Qin was an arrogant young Master, he would take it as an insult if she tried to return his gift.

"Oh my god thank you so much, how did you know I like the red colour the most?" Gina smiled and quietly took the gift after admiring it.

I've been around you for so long it is only natural for me to know about your likes and dislikes. Roman was relieved to see that she accepted his gift. He was worried that she would reject it like all the other times she tried to reject his favor but she did not and it proved that she was slowly opening up her heart to him.

"You have been so good to me after all this time," Gina said and look that him thankfully.

"So how is it? has anyone bothered you?" Roman asked. The thought of Gina being bullied by someone made his face go cold and Gina almost shivered when she saw it.

"No, no one, I think everyone knows that I have you supporting me from the background so no one tries to mess with me," Gina tried to change the subject.

"That's a good thing," finally relieved, Roman, smiled. His cold expression was now replaced with the warm one. It's good that people feared him, fear made him more satisfied than affection.

"Actually sometimes I hope it wasn't like that, people right now see me as if I am using some support to climb my way up. However I want them to see me as someone who has talent and is good at what she does," she sighed. She wanted people to know her for her talent, not for the people who were supporting her.

"I am sure you are just over thinking, you are a very talented actress Gina and I am sure people know that," Roman put his hand over Gina's hand and held her hand tightly to comfort her. Gina reflexively wanted to avoid his touch but did not do so in order to not offend him.

"What next projects are you going to do?" Roman asked. He knew how much she cared about her career as an actress. She wanted to be popular, she wanted to be known. Sometimes it made him want to tie her up and put her in a cage but he knew that it would only make her hate him.

"My popularity is very high right now, I need to make full use of it. I got a few more scripts about some drama and I'm thinking about taking up the drama that will be directed by director Jason," Gina giggled while discussing about her career. She was really happy whenever she talked about how her recent drama gained so much popularity and success, she would smile not stop. These days, she was happier than she has ever been.

"Do you want me to get to a role in it?" Roman asked.

"What are you saying? I want to give the audition and do it myself,"  Gina shook her head in an offended tone, which confused Roman because till now he had been helping her get roles. So now, this sudden change in her surprised him. Did she want to slowly become less dependent on him?

"Whatever you do, just know that I am here to support you whenever you need me and I will help you whenever I can," it's okay she wanted it. As long as he was present in her life, nothing mattered. He was just waiting for the time he would finally confess to her that he loved her and she would accept his feelings. But he was also sure that she probably already knew what he felt, he had been very obvious about his feelings and had never tried to hide them.

After the dinner Roman dropped Gina off at her new apartment in a complex where many celebrities lived. It was a very safe and monitored space and it was not easy to get an apartment there but with Roman's help and connection she was able to get an apartment there.

As Roman was driving off, his phone buzzed and he decided to pick it up.

"Are you with that actress?" There was a shrill voice on the other side of the phone and it was visibly angry.

Hearing his mother talk about the person he loved like that made his face go cold. He tightened his fingers around the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turned white.

"What about it?" He challenged with his jaw clenched.

"How many times have I told you? Do you want your dad to finally kick you out of the family and inheritance? I've put so much effort in making sure you get the seat of CEO in the Qin group of companies and you want to destroy it all?"
His mother went on to shout at him, the more heard her, the angrier he felt.

"Are your vacations being paid for? If yes then focus on enjoying them and keep yourself out of my business," he stated coldly and cut the call off. He drove off into the night.

 He drove off into the night