108

Alexander knocked on the door of Felicity's apartment

Alexander knocked on the door of Felicity's apartment. He straightened his posture and patted the chest pocket of his black suit jacket. He was dressed in a black suit and a pastel lavender shirt underneath. 

Before coming here he had asked Felicity what she was wearing and she directly told him that she was going to wear a lavender dress so he consciously picked a lavender shirt for them to match.

The door opened and Felicity stood in the doorway in a lavender gown that touched the floor. The bodycon dress fitted so well that it accentuated her curves and adorned her body frame. Her shoulders were on display however Felicity made sure that the dress is not too revealing. For some reason, she really wanted to leave a good impression on Alexanders' grandparents.

Running her fingertips on her sides, she raised her head to look at Alexander. The devilishly handsome man stood there with his eyes wide open and a blush all over his neck that Felicity couldn't see.

"You look... cool," after a few minutes passed by, Alexander finally uttered.

"Cool?" Felicity felt her ego take a huge blow when she heard him say that. Cool? That's it? She took hours to dress all pretty for him and he just says 'cool'?

No- what is she thinking? She didn't dress up for him, she dressed up for the banquet! Ughhh!

But still...cool?

"I mean good, you look breathtaking," Alexander soon realized that he had made are angry and quickly cleared the misunderstanding. Only he knew what was going on in his heart.

"Did I take your breath away?" with a gasp of realization Felicity figured out when the blush climbed up to Alexander's cheeks. The guy look so flustered that for a moment Felicity felt pity for him.

"You look a lot of things away," Alexander mumbled lowly and made Felicity stare at him harder with confusion. She didn't hear but her heart did a flip.

She really wanted to know what he says when he mumbles, she feels like she's missing important things just because she can't hear them.

"... weird," she gave him a look out of frustration and annoyance. Why mumble when you don't even want to say it? Just say it in your head!

"Sorry," Alexander blushed even harder thinking she had heard what he said and was irritated by his statement.

"Don't apologize, love," leaving Alexander overflowing with red, Felicity walked out towards the elevator, making sure to sway her hips at each step.

"What?" After he walked a bit further, she did not hear any footsteps behind her so she turned back and glared at the dazed human who was standing just where she last saw him.

"Sorry, I was checking for car keys," snapping out of it, Alexander jogged towards her.

'Is this guy malfunctioning today?'

"Are you scared of your Grandpa?" on the way to the banquet Felicity could not help but ask in order to break the awkward silence inside the vehicle. They were both in Alexander's car, sitting in the backseat beside each while Alexander's faithful assistant was driving the car. Today was a very important day not just because it was Grandpa Lu's bday but also because people on top of the business game from all around the world would come to this banquet. Alexander also brought his assistant, Secretary Yan along with him so that they can take care of the deals and talk business with others.

"There's a subconscious fear," Alexander did not care if Secretary Yan was listening or not. Secretary Yan has been around him for as long as he has been in the business field. If anyone know him better than himself it was probably Secretary Yan.

Secretary Yan was also very loyal to Alexander so he paid his whole attention to driving and did not try to eavesdrop on the conversation that was happening between Alexander and Felicity. Secretary Yan was already well aware of Alexander's feelings towards Felicity, he had seen those feelings develop over time, and he has witnessed all the important tasks and business matters being thrown at him by the CEO just so the CEO could hang out more with Miss Lin. There was nothing to hide.

"There's also this fact that my position as a CEO in the company is very unstable. While Lus own 58℅ of the shares in the company. I only own 7℅ and my parents combined hold 11℅, the rest is in my grandfather's hands. As you know Grandpa is strict, he still has his people on the board of director and at the top management, you can say that the company still belong to Grandfather and I need to constantly do well if I want to stay as CEO,"  Alexander poured his worries at Felicity. He told her what was the situation at the company.

Secretary Yan who had heard everything naturally could not help but worship this future sister-in-law. This was a very delicate matter and can easily affect the company and Alexander's position in it. The fact that Alexander had just told all of this to Miss Lin means that he trusts Miss Lin very much. This also meant that Felicity's position in young Master Lu's heart was set in concrete.

"I heard he's also eccentric," Felicity commented only to be replied with a nod.

She sighed and rested her head on Alexander's shoulder so that Alexander could keep his on top of her head.

When they finally arrived at the banquet, they were met by a series of flashes from the paparazzi. The whole red carpet was filled with flashes and clicks as Felicity and Alexander walked together hand in hand towards the entrance of the country's most expensive Hotel where the banquet was being held.

Everyone gasped and turned their eyes to look at the pair of protagonists who looked straight out of the fantasy. They all wondered why these two were together.  Were they dating? Were they friends? Whatever they were, these photos were going down in the history of the country's socialite circle. Tomorrow they will make the headlines.

The two paid no heed to the stares that were being thrown their way and confidently walked hand in hand towards the banquet hall.