76

Golden oil shimmered on the steel surface of the pan as hot air shimmers on dry soil in summer

Golden oil shimmered on the steel surface of the pan as hot air shimmers on dry soil in summer. The garlic in the oil wafted a sweet and herb-like scent around the whole room. Fair dainty hands were on working swiftly with years of experience and proficiency. They chopped vegetables fine and neat, however, the hands lacked the coleuses that usually appeared after handling culinary, instead they looked soft and warm.

Felicity poured in tomato paste after vegetables and sprinkles herbs and salt over the pan. The fresh scent was so mouth-watering that one couldn't hold back. Grated cheese, mayo and spaghetti were ready on the side as she stirred the sauce with a wooden spatula.

"Did you find anything?" Felicity was on a phone call with Alexander the next day. She had put her private investigator Peter on the toes of Temp'O management and the Wang siblings. Peter was extremely efficient at his job and managed to acquire a great weapon for her.

Once she took a look at the information he had captured, she was confident that she'll manage to deliver a massive hit at the Wang siblings. In fact, Temp'O wouldn't be the same after they've dealt with the damage.

"The footage couldn't be recovered," Alexander answered. He had also been investigating the incident and putting his efforts into it. However, when they got to the footage of behind the scenes of the show, they discovered that the footage was deleted.

Everything was just proving their suspicion to be true at every step. It was a thorough plan and its objective was to smear Kiazika's reputation.

"Then?" Felicity asked grimly.

"Luckily a crew member was recording at that time and in his video, we can clearly see a person bringing water to their room. Upon asking, I found out that this person wasn't a part of the crew," Alexander smirked and delivered the good news to Felicity. He had promised her that things will get results, so he had to work hard in resolving the whole thing.

"Did you find him?" Felicity enquired deeper. She transferred the pasta she had cooked onto a plate and sat down at the dinner table.

"We're trying to track him down," Alexander answered. He was sure that he will be successful in tracking down the culprit, now that they knew what he looked like.

"I also found out an amazing secret today," Felicity broke out the news to Alexander with a smirk of her own. They were very similar when it came down to business.

Felicity had felt a weight on her shoulder all this while, but now that she had something in her hands, she felt relieved.

However, one anxiety was replaced with other, now she was worried about Kiazika's well-being. She was worried that Kiazika was probably traumatized by this incident and things wouldn't be the same for her anymore.

"What is it?" Alexander smiled and asked curiously. Felicity sounded so excited, it made him want to know about it quickly.

"Not on call, I'll tell you when I come to your penthouse. If exposed, this secret can jump up the industry," Felicity suggested. This way she'll get to hang out with him once more. She liked hanging out with him, it made her feel relaxed and every time she would spend time with him, it would give her the energy to face the rest of the day, head-on.

"Great,"

"Should we leak that video and hospital report on the internet? It will prove that it wasn't autotune but the drug that affected her voice," this time Felicity spoke in a worried tone,  Honestly, she saw her artists like her children. How can her children suffer?

"No, not now," Alexander dismissed this suggestion on spot.

"Why? Kiazika is suffering." Felicity stressed. She found out about the incident where Kiazika was thrown eggs at and she couldn't help but visit Kiazika to make sure she was okay. The caretaker updated her on all the breakdown Kiazika had previously and this made Felicity even angrier at Wang sibling if it was possible.

She wanted to quickly dig and hole and throw them in it.

"Patience my lady, wait for the iron to get hot and then hit it with the hammer," Alexander tried to calm Felicity down. It was as if he could see her right now even though they were on the other ends of the city.

"Alright," Felicity nodded and took a deep breath to calm herself down.

"About Kiazika, tell her to take a rest. She'll be fine, we'll sort this out," Alexander assured her.

His tone was full of patience and soft as she talked to him.

One thing that Felicity had realized by now was that no one could comfort her as he could. In the past, no matter what everyone said, she always felt like she had to be on her feet if she wanted to solve some issue and she couldn't rest till she had to get it done with but with Alexander, she could calm down and sit back.

Her hyper independence wouldn't poke her again and again with him around. Was it because she subconsciously felt that she didn't need to put everything on her own shoulders with him around and she could rely on him?

The thought scared her.

"Okay, thank you,"

"Come to my penthouse after 7, I'll be done with my work by then," Alexander gave her the time and place and a meet up was scheduled between them.

On the other side though...

"Hello," manager guan picked up his phone call without checking the caller id. He was currently with Perez and they were discussing this variety show that he was going to be a guest in. Perez's popularity was so out of the roof that many variety shows would invite him over to borrow some TRP from him.

"Hello manager Guan,"  the voice on the other side was the director of 'yearning for love'...someone who manager Guan didn't expect.

"Yes, director..." He took a pause and greeted.

"Mr. Guan, you see, the recent scandal...I don't think it's a good idea for us to keep going like this, it is affecting the ratings of our show as well," director Min had done quite a few Deals with manager Guan so he knew that manager guan liked discussions cut to chase and quite frankly so did he.

"I understand director... But don't worry we will sort this out soon, you won't regret it, I promise," manager Guan tried to persuade director min. He knew very well that if the show will drop the track at this point then it will be taken as a proof that Kiazika did cheat by the netizens. It would only negatively affect them.

"Manager Guan I understand but the netizens have started to boycott the show, even the actors are insisting that I issue a statement otherwise they won't promote. I've called to tell you that I'm sorry but I have no choice. I called because young master Lu himself asked us to make the song into an ost." Director min did not take Gina's name. Actually, director min admired and respected manager guan and he himself did not want to do this...but did he have a voice?

"I understand director...," weirdly enough manager Guan was understanding. He however made a note to ask his assistant to investigate this ordeal.

His beliefs were simple...
Reciprocate everything, good and bad, equally.

I think I misunderstood that yesterday was Friday and today is Saturday 💀I'm sorry y'all, here's the due update

I'm sorry y'all, here's the due update.