97

White Vanilla ice cream slid past Felicity's tongue and into her throat, the coal sensation made her hum in satisfaction

The lingering numbness of cold ice cream was everything that good comforted her at this moment. She sniffed and her tear-stained face glowed in crimson blush.

Look at this beautiful scene and placed her hand on Felicity's back, rubbing it gently. While Ava was napping, she heard a thunderous knocking on her door. She quickly scrambled up and made her way to her door, only to find out a crying Felicity on the other side through the peephole.

She immediately opened the door and let Felicity in. The first few moments were spent crying and consoling and Felicity finally opened up about why she was crying so heavily.

"I feel so hot and angry on the inside like I'm being betrayed. At the same time, I feel like I'm losing something. I don't know! I feel frustrated and overwhelmed! I can't describe it."

Once Felicity was done with rent, Ava opened the ice cream bucket she had in her fridge Bd served ice cream to Felicity.

They both sat down on the bed. Felicity was wrapped up in a blanket and still looked as pitiful as ever but she was getting better.

"So you just left?" Ava questioned.

"Umm hmm and I told him to not follow," Felicity nodded and shoved a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"He didn't follow?" Ava questioned again.

"No," Felicity answered and heard a sigh from Ava.

"You still can't figure out why you feel sad?" Actually, Ava has a hunch of what could have been a reason for Felicity to behave in such a way but she was not sure and unless she was not sure, she couldn't give Felicity the correct advice.

Felicity just shook her head and gobbled up the rest of her ice cream.

"I just don't understand!" Felicity suddenly shouted.

"Why does he still keep her around him? Why isn't he kicking her out? He said it was because he believes in keeping your enemies closer, but it still doesn't make sense! What does he even mean by that?" The rant went on.

"Maybe he just wants to keep an eye on Gina?" Ava asked in confusion. Actually, even though she did not understand the logic behind Alexander's action but Alexander was Alexander. He has a motive behind everything he does. He always has things plans ahead.

Regardless of how sweet and stupid he acts in front of Felicity, that man has a side to him that is scarier than a monster.

Alexander might seem like a helpless fellow in front of Felicity, but it's only because he likes to keep his fangs hidden from her. There might as well be a full-fledged plan that he has in his mind and so he's letting Gina walk around freely.

While Ava had these thoughts, Felicity had different ideas in her mind.

'In the book, by now, Alexander and Gina were in a relationship already. Even if it was toxic, it was a relationship nonetheless. And during this whole relationship phase, Alexander believed Gina to be his enemy so he would torment her.

Could it be that the novel is moving as it was supposed to and he and Gina are already in a love-hate relationship? Is that why he lets her be successful while calling her his enemy?'

This was what Felicity believed.

"Could they be in a secret relationship?" Felicity whispered to herself. But it was loud enough to catch Ava's attention.

And her train of thought was suddenly cut off by a question from Ava.

"But why do you care so much about him being in a relationship with her?" Ava looked at Felicity narrowly.

Ava observed Felicity's face go from sad to thoughtful, then to frustrated, and then a look of realization hit her.

"Maybe I've become too dependent on him after my break up with Ryan. You know that phenomenon right? When if you're recovering from something, you might grow attached to the certain someone who was there during your healing journey. Could I be too dependent now on Alexander?"

While this was happening on one side, the cause of Felicity's breakdown was also going through a breakdown of her own.

Roman was not the same anymore. He had grown distant from Gina. When she called him back then to help, he refused by saying that he was busy.

If it was before, no matter how busy Roman was, he would come running to Gina if she called him once. Now he was avoiding her and behaving distant.

Not only that, something has been bothering Gina. Back when she came across Red's CEO in jinxing, he was accompanied by Ava and Felicity. At first, Gina did not pay too much thought to it but lately, she had been feeling this could be something important. Her intuition was telling her that it is important.

Gina whipped out her phone and called Roman.

The call was finally picked up after the third try.

"Hello?" A magnetic voice came from the other side.

"Hello Roman," Gina quickly spoke.

"What is it?"

The tone of his voice ticked Gina in a wrong way but she still kept on going.

"I need a favor, can you find out the information about Red Entertainment and its CEO?" Gina quickly laid down her request.

"Nope," Roman answered after a pause.

"Why not? I know you have one of the strongest information networks in the country. You said you would always help me!" Gina sobbed angrily.

"Gina, I promised to make you a movie queen and I have fulfilled that promise. I think I've returned your favor by now so please stop asking me for more," Roman spoke coldly.

Gina was taken aback by his words. Never in her wildest dreams, she had thought that she would hear these words from Roman. It made her feet and hands shiver in fear.

"Is this because I rejected you?" Her voice came out small.

"No, it's because I finally realised something thanks to a certain someone," the call ended from Romans side in a cold halt.