112

"Are you really fine Alexander?" almost half an hour had passed, and now Alexander was discussing business with important clients with Felicity beside him

"Yes I am Felicity, he's my cousin, I don't feel threatened by him," Alexander repeated, his heart warming up as he saw her so worried for him. This woman was so sweet and lovely that he wanted to marry her right then and there.

But she didn't feel the same.

"Okay," Felicity nodded.

"Ohh the mayor is here," Alexander motioned towards the Mayor of S city and started walking towards him but Felicity.

"Hello Mayor Xu," He greeted the Mayor.

"Hello Alexander," The mayor too greeted Alexander. Mayor Xu was a respectable man who had served in the military before he was discharged due to a severe injury that affected his legs and made him limp. Later, he ran for elections and won. He was a patriot and had done a lot for the city since this election.

Both men talked for a long time and even Felicity joined in the conversation between them. She loved how Alexader would try to make sure she doesn't feel left out and that she was always involved in the conversation that was going on. She also learned a lot from watching him talk to his partners and clients and her heart melted when she realized that at times, he would still let her listen even when the conversation was confidential.

"I heard that the Tender for construction of 'Project Citrus' is soon going to release," Alexander started after a pause. This was now a strictly confidential topic so Alexander kept her voice low when he spoke.

"Is the Lu conglomerate interested in 'Project Citrus'?" Mr. Xu asked as his tone matched Alexanders'. This was the project that he had been worried about. Project Citrus was something the government had been planning for many years under which they would establish a luxurious hotel cum resort along with one of the largest malls in the district of Yunzai which was currently being turned into a tourist destination.  After the completion of the project, district Yunzai which was originally a hill station with rich flora and fauna along with traces of ancient caves and tribal monuments would turn into the most popular holiday destination for national/international tourists. Along with developing luxurious modern facilities, the government had been increasingly preserving the ancient tribal origins of the district.

The reason why Mayor Xu was so closely associated with this project was because district Yunzai was nearest to S city, merely a 2.5 hours road trip away.

"I can't answer that with certainty yet," Alexander smiled and refused to answer the question. Lu Conglomerate had their eyes on this project like a hawk because the one who would build the hotel and mall would also get the right to operate it. They had estimated that within seven years, Yunzai would leave behind any other places in the country when it comes to tourism and thus this tender was a goldmine for anyone with eagle eyes.

"Yes, you heard correctly," realizing that Alexander would probably not answer the question, Mayor Xu spoke.

"Project Citrus is very innovative, if that idea is woven into reality, we will
witness good economic growth in our area and contribution to our GDP through tourism would significantly increase," Mayor Xu nodded scratching his beard.

"But mayor don't you think that a 2 and a half year deadline is way too short for something as big as this?" Alexander asked.

"Our government has been working on project citrus for years now, the project is in its last stage so I think it's justified," the duration for construction for both mall and hotel was combined 2 and a half years.

"Well," Alexander nodded. If both were built simultaneously and efficiently, it was possible.

"I would be happy if a company as trustworthy as Lu conglomerate will join us on this one," concluding the conversation Mayor Xu said. Lu's were not only the richest but also one of the most philanthropic families in the country. The government's trust in them was not lacking hence Mayor Xu wished for their involvement in the project.

"It would be an honor for our company too to be a part of something as big as this," Alexander too nodded. Before leaving Mayor Xu talked with Felicity for a bit and he complimented her intelligence and grave when he left.

"Is this the big project you had been worried about?" Felicity asked as they started walking towards the food court. She was famished and wanted to fill her stomach before they continue.

"Hmm-mm," Alexander nodded and chucked when she did not wait for the answer and started piling up dessert on her plate.

Update three. Thank you!!!