89

"What were you doing near CEO's office? These types of rumors can make things hard for you as well!" sister Zhang stared at Gina who was sitting on a sofa in her apartment calmly

"What were you doing near CEO's office? These types of rumors can make things hard for you as well!" sister Zhang stared at Gina who was sitting on a sofa in her apartment calmly. Her face looked serene and melancholic and she looked like she was lost while thinking about something but sister Zhang knew that Gina was paying attention to every word she was speaking.

"I know, it was unintentional, I just got lost on my way to the washroom,"  Gina answered calmly and finally looked up at sister Zhang with her eyes as clear as a sea. It held depths of veracity and volumes of lucidity.  It made sister Zhang instantly shut up with all the nagging she had been doing.

"Sigh I understand Gina. You know I only want the best for you," Sister Zhang spoke one last before collapsing on a couch with a moan. Today was hectic af! She woke up with a scolding from Jinxing's general manager about an anonymous post then she had to take care if all the mess as quickly as possible. She has been busy since 4 am.

Gina slowly stood up from the sofa and made her way to the kitchen. Once she was alone, the look in her eyes snapped back to being cloudy and grim. She started at her fists that she had been clenching all this while and looked at the reddish nail prints on her palm. A few tears slowly started pouring down from her back limpid eyes. Her expressions were comforted with sadness and anger.

She took out her phone and started going through the screenshots of the post that was uploaded anonymously by someone last night.

The title read 'What is young actress Gina Chen doing in Lu Conglomerate? She was seen heading towards the CEO's cabin, are they dating?' and a couple of pictures were attached of her heading towards Alexander's office.

The post was made yesterday night and it started getting attention but before it could go viral, Lu corporation quickly cleaned up the whole mess and erased each and everything about this article from online platforms. 

But Gina had screenshots of the comment section she had come across last night itself. She went through those screenshots and read the comments.

'Isn't this very surprising? Who would have thought!'

'Hey it can be something else as well, Lu conglomerate is looking for a brand endorser for their new smartphone range."

"Who knows"

"What is this why she rose up so fast in the entertainment industry? She's dating the most powerful man in the country! A literal goddess."

"Unpopular opinion: Mr. Lu is too good for her. Don't bash me!"

"Queeeeeeeen!"

After reading all the comments, Gina poured herself a glass of water from her shaking hands and drank it in a mouthful. Her eyes had a tinge of fiery red in them.

"It's alright, it's alright," she chanted and put a palm.over her heaving chest.

By the time Gina returned, she found sister Zhang sitting upright on the couch with an excited expression on her face. This was the second time she had seen this expression. The first time was when she got the series 'yearning for love'.

"Hey, I just got a piece of good news," as expected sister Zhamg looked up with her teeth on display. The expression on her face was as bright as that of a little kid who just got presents from Santa on a joyful Christmas day.

"What is it sister Zhang," Gina calmly walked towards the sofa and sat down on top of it. She patiently waited for sister Zhsng to answer.

"guess?"

"we got the Lu endorsement?" a slight smile made its way onto Gina's face when she thought about this possibility.

"uhh no," sister Zhang shook her head with a sorry expression.

"New movie?" the light in Gina's eyes slightly dimmed but she tried to think of something else.

Sister Zhang again shook her head and a huge grin made its way onto her face.

"You are nominated for Starlight Awards for the best actresses category and best female debut!" she stood up from her place and spoke in a high pitched voice.

"If I win the best actress, ill become the movie queen," hearing the news Gina paused and took in what she had just heard.

"I sure you'llwin the best debut but if you'll win best actress as well, you'll go down in the history as the first actor to win both!" sister Zhang informed. She was sure that the best debuted was theirs. There was no other new actress that had surpassed Gina. In fact, till now, there has been no other actress who became so popular in the first year of her debut as Gina did.

Hearing sister Zhang's words, a bright smile like made onto Gina's face. The smile was so bright and fresh that it reminded one of the oranges on a summer afternoon. It gave one nostalgia for all the bright sunrises they had ever witnessed.

That was how she was. Bright and beautiful.