Prologue.

"Clarisa please you can do this!" Classical shook her head, she wailed as tears twinkled down her forehead, she was a hot mess.

"Clarisa, please you have to push!" Thunderstruck again and she shivered as more pain radiated from her body. The midwife asked her younger sister to place another wet clothing on her forehead to cool down her temperature.

"Hhhhh!" She groaned out, hitting her head on the pillow. Tears streamed down her eyes she hit the bed multiple times.

"I... I c-cant...," he rubbed her hand, he used his left hand to wipe the other sweat away from his face, he tried to muster a smile even though he knew that difficulty was at hand.

A scream escaped her mouth again, her body shook and more tears fell, sweat covered her and her temperature rose.

"You are going to be okay! You are okay!"

"Yes madam, you have to push now, you have to push." She shook her head aggressively, she was unable to even open her eyes anymore. The midwife looked up wide eyes, the Duke's eyes met hers.

"What's wrong?!" He asked afraid to hear the answer, his eyes darted from Clairsa to the midwife.

"Sire... S... Si... Sire we... We have to... I am sorry!"

"Tell me what happened?!" He shivered not only from the cold but from fear of the uncertain future they had.

"Sire... M'lady isn't going to survive this!" His blood ran cold as the blood drained from his eyes.

"You... You can... Can't be serious..." She bowed fearfully.

"My apologies sire but, she... Had lost a lot of blood and... And she has no strength anymore, we... The only thing we could do is hum... Is to cut her open and try to save the baby,"

"How dare you tell me this!" He fumed kneeling tears fell from the worried woman's eyes as she glanced at the pale woman who had passed out.

"Sire... There is nothing I... I could do!" His hands balled into a fist.

"I hired you to because you were recommended as the best midwife! I will not have you kill her, you will save her no Matt..."

"Samson," he looked up at his brother.

"We shall leave, I have brought a well-known physician, he will help in the attainment of the Miss's birth." He shook his head.

The physician walked with his apprentice, "good evening, m'lord," he bowed in greeting.

"I think he should go in and start helping now and you need to leave,"

"I... I don't think I should leave now, she needs me." He looked down.

"I am telling you to leave because... Because..." Samson frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I am sorry brother, but mother is with the Duchess of Hasten." his eyes widened.

"What?! Why the hell didn't you inform me of this beforehand!"

"I am sorry brother but you were so..." He struck his brother across the face.

"I told you to inform me beforehand!" He exclaimed, his brother spat out blood.

"I am sorry brother but you have to leave now! Tis imperative that we do and you know it!" He looked back to Clarisa, he couldn't leave his beloved alone but he knew he had no other alternative but to leave.

"She will be fine! I am going to make sure, just go," he nodded, adjusting his jacket as the decent heat from the fireplace hit them.

"Sire!" They both turned to the midwife's apprentice.

"She is awake sire, the physician," she was smiling. They followed her hastily back into the room where she was, she was by that moment calm.

He smiled swiftly moving towards her, "Clarisa," he took her pale dark hands into his pinkish rough ones.

"M'lord..." She crackled out. He touched her hot skin.

"How are you feeling?!" She nodded tiredly.

"I am fine thank you," he wiped her face away as she looked around.

"Where is our baby?" She asked solemnly.

"Madam, she is being cleaned up, don't worry she will be here soon." The midwife interrupted.

"Yes, thank you both of you, you have done well and you will be rewarded well." They bowed in appreciation.

"Thank you, M'lord, It's our responsibility,"

"Brother," Samuel called out in haste worried about things that might happen if they are caught.

"Samuel, you are here?" He walked towards her.

"Clarisa congratulation, how are you feeling?" She nodded smiling.

"Here is the baby," the midwife announced as her apprentice entered with the newborn.

Clarisa eagerly raised her head even though she was exhausted, Samson pushed her back.

"Just rest my love," he collects the baby as gently as possible. A sudden brightness appeared in Samson's eyes.

"She is beautiful," the smile was so contagious that infected the whole room.

"I... I want to see... See... Her..." She coughed. He moved closer to her, showing her the ginger-headed baby. She rubbed her head.

"She is indeed gorgeous." She said weakly looking at the sleeping baby.

"What do you want to name her?"

"Irisa,"

* * * *