18

* * * *
"Princess!" he called entering the room, Irisa frowned, this was the first time he was entering her room.

"What are you doing?!" she yelped as he marched toward her. "I am not playing your games anymore are we clear?!" Irisa pulled the cover unto her nose.

"Why are you in my room Aaron shouldn't be here! I ordered you not to come near me again!"

"Well, I am sorry for what I did okay, but starving yourself will not make you feel better and it will not change the fact that I lied." Irisa turned away but he pulled her by hand into his arms.

"W... What are you doing?!" She yelped, her eyes widening. She tried pulling her hand from him but he used his hands to circle her waist and pulled her closer.

"You have been so much, trouble princess!" She blinked, her heart pounded ten times faster, "Ju... Just... Lea... Leave me alone Aaron!" she stuttered and tried to slap his arms for him to release her.

"I am tired of this, Irisa. I said I was sorry for lying and I know that I lied to you but please just try to understand our situation. I didn't know you very well." Irisa looked away not wanting to hear.

"I am just, how could you not tell me when I was dying? I understand that you wanted to keep yourself safe. But I am your wife and I am just... I was going to die thinking that you were paralyzed. That is something I cannot get over." Aaron sighed and yanked her hands away.

"I need my space, Aaron. I am just going to go to sleep, you should too." Irisa sank into her bed.

"The crown prince is hosting a small feast in your name." Irisa looked toward him.

"What are you talking about?" She sat up and he looked away almost clenching his jaw.

"I tried to make him not do it but he didn't listen. He said he owes you his life and he doing this to show that he appreciates you."

"I do not need his appreciation." Irisa stated and Aaron nodded in an 'I-told-him-so' manner.

"I tried to tell him, you were not going to be happy about it but he already invited everyone."

"The empress won't be happy about this development, I do not want to cross the woman Aaron, she threatened me on the night of the crown prince's feast."

"You never told me about that! What did she say to you?" he asked seriously and she looked up to the ceiling of the room trying to remember what had happened that night.

"I can't remember much, to be honest, she called me into the grand hall and asked me to stay in my lane by my crippled husband and that I was lucky to be here." Aaron scoffed.

"That bitch!" he said venomously.

"Don't say that Aaron! That your mother!" Aaron looked back at her, "she isn't."

"What? What are you talking about Aaron?!" Irisa asked with her eyes wide. Aaron signed, "come, spend the night in my chambers and I will tell you everything. Please!" Irisa stared at him for a while, watching him closely.

"I want to know everything, Aaron, do not leave any detail out." he nodded and smiled. "So will you come with me?" Irisa nodded.

He grinned and took her hands lifting her without effort making her yelp and fall into his arms.

"M'lady... Oh, I am sorry..." she turned away, "Aaron put me down!" Irisa whispered into his ears but he shook his head. "Nope, it is good that Nancy is here, get Irisa a nice gown. We will have to arrive at the Palace early to have lunch with the hasten royals and The royal family." Nancy nodded smiling.