8

* * * *
Irisa covered the letter and chucked it to a side of her wooden table, she glanced at the termite eating away at the rotten wood. She needed help to get this place in check, six weeks almost seven has gone by since her marriage and she couldn't help but feel helpless.

She stood to her feet and smothered her dress, it looked so plain that even a mere lady in Hasten wouldn't wear it. She couldn't believe this was her life now, subjected to abstract poverty and starvation, she had been writing to her brother to check on Hasten and how he was doing and to inform him of her living conditions in the manor.

Benedict was as shocked as her and he had expressed his displeasure about the marriage and his mother's decision, but there was nothing she could do now. She opened the door to her room and stared at her work, smiling and feeling somewhat satisfied as she watched beans flowers grow put and some fresh tomatoes, she walked over to a large covered drum of water and opened it, reaching into it and pouring out water, into a wooden bucket.

She walked towards the vegetables and one by one watered the plant. She had added water to each crop giving it as much attention as possible.

"Princess," she looked up from the watering to Aaron who had just arrived. She blinked, it was a surprise to him, after that night, she had made sure to stay off his office and his wing. Aaron didn't bother to come after her, after another week of wondering and deep speculation she finally gave up.

"Your highness, you are here?" she dropped the small coconut back she was using to add water to the plant and dusted her hands walking towards him.

"Good afternoon prince Aaron," she courtesy and he smiled eying her from her head to toe.

"I see you have busied yourself with something?" she glanced at the flourishing garden.

"I suppose," she turned to him again seeing the smile still on his face, "would you like to take a break and take a stroll with me?" she blinked once more, confused.

"You want to take a stroll with me?" she asked pointing at herself in be wilderness.

"Yes, you are my wife after all and I haven't seen you in weeks, it would be good if we caught up." she frowned.

"On what exactly? Aaron the last time we saw you threw me out of your office as though I was a dog!" he rolled his eyes.

"That's an exaggeration of things princess, you were getting on my nerve and I was tired, you slept all day why I take of daily affairs of the state." Irisa rolled her eyes.

"Well, you can decide to leave the daily affair of the state to those that are getting the wages for their services to the state," she said working towards the back of his chair and grabbing the wooden handles for pushing, she pushed him into the garden and he looked around more able to get a better view, she pushed him under a shed and got back to work.

"This is beautiful, but long do you plan on using your wages, it cannot last forever?" she smiled and looked back at him wiping her swear as she picked up her hoe to uproot weed.

"I sent a letter to my brother, I am thinking of employing some more staff, it would be better if had more hands here, we could do a lot, you didn't allow me to finish my plans that night." he frowned.

"Help? From where and what else did you know not to say, princess, you were talking my ears off," she rolled her eyes and dusted her palms.

"Well, I was thinking we could cut the trees down and sell them for wages, it's a good business idea since the manor and everything that has to do with it is yours, it shouldn't be a problem." he stared at her mute;

"Is there a problem, Aaron?" she asked her hands on both her hips, sweat still dripping down her forehead.

"Not exactly but this is all too new to me princess,"