11

* * * *
"You have been looking at me since we started the journey, is there something you want to tell me?" she asked him, watching him intently.

"The Prince isn't friendly to everyone Irisa. I hope you understand that anything that happens to me isn't any of your business and you will say nothing about it. You will speak nothing of it." she frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you hear everything I have said to you?!" she interrogated.

"All you need to know is what I have said! You will not say a word no matter what, are we clear?" she swallowed and nodded.

Soon after the carriage stopped by a narrow gate, Irisa frowned, opening her side window. "Why are we passing this way? Why not the way everyone is passing?" she asked looking as the servant walked in and out.

"We aren't allowed to enter through the gate especially when important guests are coming." Irisa's frown deepened.

"You are a prince! The first prince of Kaley for that matter! This is unfair!" she complained.

"Your opinion doesn't matter here princess if you are not satisfied you can go back home." she went quiet and nodded, "let us proceed," he said after she went short of words.

"This is unfair my prince! You can't possibly..."

"I understand you have concerns princess, but we are not going to this feast with your absolute silence. I will not be questioned anymore." he signaled Raymond to push him more.

Neither maids nor guards nor even common servants acknowledged them. She gulped and continued walking with Nancy helping her climb walkways.

"Wow!" Nancy exclaimed making Irisa glare at her scoldingly. Nancy looked down bowing, "I am sorry m'lady,"

"Prince Aaron!" a guard rushed in exclaiming. "Prince Aaron!"

"What is it? speak," he looked toward the guard that was one bowing. "The empress seeks your presence at once." Aaron looked toward Raymond, who almost coughed. Communicating through their eyes, he nodded and they turned toward Irisa and her maid. "My attention is needed urgently. I will be with you soon. Go left, then right you will get to the grand hall in minutes." she nodded, and he start moving toward the other side of the hallway.

Irisa•
As soon as he left, Irisa turned toward the side of the hall he had described. "M'lady, this is so beautiful! We never got to this side of the palace before." Irisa looked around mesmerized. This was the highest palace in the three kingdoms, painted in gold, with all vases, and artifacts around the hall were the most expensive her eyes could behold.

She couldn't take her eyes off everything, "just breathing in here seems as though I am richer than most of the people in our community." they both giggled, Irisa stopped at the end of the hallway, she furrowed her eyebrows and looked around.

"Hum... Do you... Remember where Aaron described?" Irisa asked looking around the hall quite confused. "Hum... I am sure you... I was not really paying much attention when he was talking to us... I can't remember much!" Nancy looked down sheepishly. "I am sorry m'lady."

"We could find our way. It is shouldn't be that hard?" she looked around, seeing two guards approaching them, one more decorated than the other.

"Hey! Hello!" she walked quickly toward the two guards. "Hello, good day, I am Irisa, my... My maid... My maid and I... We... We got lost, I need help finding my way to the feast, if you would be kind, would you point us to the hall?" the lesser guard glared at her, "do you?..." the taller guard smiled and halt the other guard.