20

* * * *
"What was that?!" the Empress asked angrily, Donald took a sit on one of the chairs, "how can you do that! Today is your engagement Donald, and you haven't spoken a word to your future wife! Why you are giving her bastard sister attention?!"

Donald sighed and looked up at his furious mother, "you know why!" the Empress shook her head exasperated.

"If you were not my son and the crown prince, I would have asked you be whipped for your stupidity!"

"My desire for her is not stupid, mother!" Donald fired back.

"You are a ludicrous idiot and if you are so driven by lust that you cannot see that she is already married to another then I will teach some!"

"She can be a window, mother! A free woman! I can take it as many queens as I want!"

"You can take many unmarried maidens Donald, not a married woman who is your brother's."

"Do not remind me of that fact, mother," the Empress shook her head, and she walked toward another chair sighing.

"I will not be a part of this Donald, we can not take a wife from her husband, that is an abomination!"

"She can divorce him! If I can convince her, no one can deny the future Emperor!" the Empress shook her head, wondering where she went wrong. She waved to her maid over, "please escort prince Donald out of my quarters, I do not want to see him!" Donald shook his head and stood to his feet, he smirked and bowed his head.

"Goodbye mother, I am glad you enjoyed yourself, ease rest up, I must visit father and update him on the recent happenings in the court and his nation." the Empress looked away and said nothing.

He walked out of his mother's chambers with the Empress's maid following him, "take care of my mother." he said to the maid, who nodded and bowed, walking back into the room.

"My prince." Samuel bowed praying he had convinced the prince enough to let him stay by Irisa's side. Donald nodded and Samuel smiled victoriously.

"Thank you, my prince," he bowed watching the prince swiftly make his way toward the Emperor's quarters. The prince hadn't visited his sick father in a while. He needed to see himself in what condition the old man was in.

"What do you think about Irisa, Samuel?" he asked the question when he had arrived in the capital, why was he asking this question again?

"I do not know much about her, she just seems too secretive. Her healing was a miracle though, one's in a million-year opportunity. No other person has been lucky like that." Donald nodded listening attentively.

"Have you looked into the trade dispute between the royal soldiers and the east Harriton palace?" Francis nodded holding his sword tighter, "they said they cannot afford to pay more taxes, that the pirates are not making it easy for them."

"So we do not only have the Vallian war, but we also have pirates now?" Donald shook his head, "Does this person no longer fear us?"

"I have asked the first prince to inform the Duke of Venusa, the pirates are not an immediate problem." Irisa walked toward them and stopped before bowing, slowly, "good afternoon my prince,"

"Rise Irisa," he smiled and helped her up, "you shouldn't be bowing with such a heavy gown," Irisa shook her head.

"It is no problem, your highness. I am a princess, courtesy isn't foreign to me." he chuckled and they started walking in the opposite direction of the Emperor's room.

"How are you?" he changed the subject, "I am very well, thank you, your highness."

"You do not need to regard me as your highness all the time, it is quite boring." Irisa shook her head.