43

Pearl groaned as her maid shook her, she turned over feeling exhausted, "m'lady, you need to rise, it is dawn already!" the maid tried to shove her, they were running behind schedule but the princess refuses to wake, "your highness!" the maid yelled once again resulting in Pearl opening her eyes and turning to her.

"What is the matter with you? Has ethics deserted you? I am not to be awoken if I do not find it pleasurable," she scolded the maid who bowed quickly.

"I sincerely apologize your grace, I do not mean to offend you or disturb your rest but we were to leave an hour ago, if we do not leave, I am afraid our long journey would be drawn longer..." the maid explained, Pearl fell back into the soft bed groaning, she wanted to sleep in, she rolled back, her eyes opening and searching around frantically.

"Where is he?" Pearl questioned, the maid frowned perplexedly.

"I do not know of who you speak up your highness," Pearl rolled her eyes before sitting up, "help me put my dress on..." Pearl said with a clenched jaw.

"But your highness... You have to take your bath, the journey is long and rough... You will need to be refreshed to start the journey," the maid explained to Pearl who was already out of her bed trying to find her clothes.

She matched toward his office just in her undergarment furious, the maid was hot in pursuit to stop her but she would hear nothing or no one, she had one goal in mind and she would accomplish it no matter what anyone says, "what are you..."

"You are not going to talk to me right?! You are not going to say goodbye to me!" Pearl exclaimed from crossed the room. He sighed softly and closed the scroll, "I think it is best if we do not see each other," he stated quietly upsetting her all the more.

"And who made that decision? You? Dominic, I am sick of this! I know I leave your life today but the least you could do is spend our final hours together, you said if Aaron takes the throne then we might be together! Where are all the promises hum? Why are you pushing me away?!"

"You should leave Pearl, it is best for both of us that you leave, you are running late already."

She scoffed and nodded, looking away, she tried to rein in her sob, "You fuck me! Then you abandon me! Fuck you Dominic, and your entire nation!" she turned and yanked the door open, she slammed it back to show that she was displeased. Her maid Cecilia was already waiting by the door.

"Prepare the carriage and me, we leave in ten minutes," she marched toward her room, finding the dress she was to wear laying on a dresser, it had been prepared a night before her, she closed her eyes, why did Cecelia have to pick this gown! Dominic had gotten it for her and she was happy the night before to be wearing it but now, she was disgusted.

Soon after her carriage set out with her eyes still trained on Silkon Valley's palace, nothing could make the ache in her chest feel better except him but she knew that was impossible and have to accept it.

* * * *
KALEY.

Aaron was pushed into the palace by Raymond, and his act was even better than he knew he could do, he was drooling and looked almost useless in the wheelchair, and many maids and servants scurried off trying to get as away as the first prince. He was not pleasant looking in any way and some often wondered why he was not dead yet.

Irisa followed next to him, mute, she looked stunning as ever, many wondering how she was so unlucky to marry the useless man sitting in the chair. Many marveled at her beauty but could do nothing but pity her. Nancy, Isabelle, and Ruby accompanied her as maids to serve the first princess.