32

* * * *
"Can I just stand up and get fresh air?" Irisa whined but Nancy rolled her eyes, she walked toward the curtains draped down the windows and started pushing them apart.

She turned back to Irisa who was staring at her, "the physician has instructed bed rest so you are not going to change my mind."

"But I am fine! It has been eleven days, do you not think I am well enough?" she questioned exasperated.

"M'lady the prince has constructed that you stay in bed. I am just obeying his wishes, you will stay in bed and not complain."

"I am ordering you to allow me to leave the bed! I am your master am I not? Why do you listen to Aaron but not me?"

"Because you are being unreasonable, m'lady this is the second time you almost died and the fact that the second time was my fault will not allow me to do what you have instructed. Besides, it is for your good." she took a sit at her side and took a novel, she opened it not paying attention to the princess who glared at her.

"You are impossible!" Irisa groaned and huffed looking away.

"I am not letting you out of my sight!" she said firmly making Irisa groan. She took in a deep breath, the doors opened and Aaron entered the room, looking at Irisa who was groaning on the bed.

He walked toward her, smiling, "m'lady." he bowed making Nancy stand to her feet, "your highness." she bowed slightly and greeted walking out of the room and closing it.

He watched her for a while as they stared at her each other, "you have come here to visit me, Aaron, take your seat." he walked toward her side of the bed and took a sit by her side, a hint of a smile still on his face, happy that she was alive.

"I want to leave the room, why am I being locked up?" she questioned almost groaning. He shook his head, "I cannot let you leave this room Irisa, you just started recovering, you will go out and wreak havoc."

She rolled her eyes. "Oh please!" she dismissed, "I am not going to do that... You are my husband and you are also locking up here, are you supposed to do that?" she questioned.

"You are being unreasonable, Irisa. You can guilt trip me into letting you out of the room." Irisa sighed almost yelling, she fell back unto the pillow and closed her eyes feeling trapped.

"I have brought you something," he said after a while of staring at her, she opened one eye and stared at his hand, "what is it?" she inquired curiously.

He grinned opening his hands and making her gasp, "why do you have that?!" she exclaimed and sat up, grabbing the pendant from him.

"You know it?" he questioned, proud of his achievement.

"The locket of commitment! Where did you find it? Everyone looks for it for their lover!" she explains admiring it, she had heard tales and read books about it but she had never seen it.

The locket of commitment was a hundred years old and told the tale of two lovers, a duke of old Kisten a small village not far from Young city, had a favored servant. He gave her everything she wanted and could ever dream of, a tragedy that happened in Kisten separating her former master.

When they reunited he was so happy that they cut off their hands spewing their blood into a container which later was formed into a hard rock that was said to be indestructible, and would be passed down from lovers to lovers. It was another rumored that if anyone wore it without truly having a deep love for the gifter, tragic things would occur.

"I stumbled upon it." he shrugged not willing to get into further details about what he had done to get the locket.

"Stumbled?" she questioned suspiciously, "yes stumbled, do not think too much about it, put it on."