1

* * * *

.IRISA.

The first prefecture princess of Hasten wobbled a little. Her dress was too heavy for her good, even though she was tall as a man, had broad shoulders, huge luscious breast -that even without her tightly placed stomach corset- would stand upright, her eyes brown has the muddy sand.

A shiny skin smooth rich and as dark as charcoal ash itself, with luscious lips as red as a strawberry, her chubby cheeks a result of the baby fat she did not outgrow, her stretch marks almost stretching beyond her short-sleeve heavily decorated dress.

She had her hair in neat cornrows, making her look more presentable. The duchess hadn't glossed over the fact that the duke and her brothers were going to be back from the capital city, that afternoon. She had paid some servants to help to get her hair in control as the duchess had said.

Turning back to Nancy, "I don't want to see them and you know it." Her mouth in a thin line, a worried expression crosses Nancy's face.

Nancy placed her hands on Irisa's squeezing it, "m'lady you know that you have to be present for supper, it is paramount you go, if not for the duke but the third prefecture Prince," sighing, she turned back to the mirror in front of them, checking once more and looking for a flaw in the dress she had chosen. She hated this, she was powerless in this dress waiting for her brothers and father, who could care less about whatever she wore, but she knew that spiteful woman would do anything to insult her.

"I know! I know! But the duchess is crafty, she is going to pull another one of her tricks for father to punish me." A sour expression crossed her face and she shifted again, I do not wish to wear this head garment, "Nancy it is so uncomfortable and it stinks even." Nancy sighed at her lady's childish antics.

"M'lady, please think about Hasten's tradition. It would be the joy of your father and your brothers to be a prim and proper lady." Nancy helped.

It was common knowledge among the household that she was the least favorite child among the siblings. Nobody dared to talk about it but they all knew it, she knew too.

Entering the manor in her early childhood, she had been treated most horribly. Awarded with constant punishment even when she does something commendable.

She decided when she was fourteen to stop trying to please the duchess. She was never going to gain her approval after all she was the duke's bastard child, it was sometimes very tiring for her but she knew she had no other choice.

Besides, she had to be grateful for them taking her in, clothing her, and feeding her even though she had to pay for it through constant punishment.

The duke was no better, he was the definition of unbothered and nonchalant. He would do anything and give anything up not to see her. At first, she couldn't fathom why he was like that but as time went on she stopped questioning why he was like that.

The duchess children had conflicting interests towards her. On one hand, Beatrice the second prefecture princess was filled with hatred and spite just like her mother. The replica of her mother with an innocent arura, on the other hand, her brothers treated her better.

The two eldest, Aiden and Adam treated her like their younger sister and she couldn't have survived without them. They were good to her but they still kept their distance.

Benedict, Beatrice's twin was the closest to her, he was her confidant and her best friend and he knew everything about her life. She was so glad that the three brothers chose to stand by her. She did not know what she would have done if they weren't there for her.