2

* * * *
THE DUKE's MANOR.

"Madam! Madam!" A maid ran into the chamber of the duchess who was on the rear end of the room, reading books and sipping tea.

Dropping her teacup, not forgetting the table manners instilled in her for years. She took the napkin, wiping her mouth softly.

"What is it?" She asked still scrolling through the literature novel she was reading.

"Ma...madam!!! It... It... It..." The maid stammered petrified of the outcome of the news she was about to break to the duchess.

"Speak at once!" She said a little louder making the already petrified maid want to be swallowed by the ground. Sweat dripped down her head as she wondered if this was going to be her last day.

"Madam... It is princess Irisa... She is... She is...!" The duchess looked up, her eyes twice the original size. She slammed the book on the large mahogany table next to her.

"What do you mean? speak at once?" The maid shrunk under the duchess's stare.

"Why are you still kneeling there stand up and answer me!" The maid got up swiftly, still shaking.

"What happened?" The maid looked around the ground racking her brain trying to find words to say.

"I am so sorry your grace, she... We went to her room this morning but she was missing, we tries to search around the mansion we found her dirty and unconscious behind a small wall of the manor. She was knocked out cold with her maid, I think... I think... They... Th... The...y tried to... Escape."

She slammed her hand on the table, shaking in fury, "and you are just reporting this to me at this time?" The maid fell in fear of what could happen, she will surely be punished for her incompetence.

"Your Grace, I am incompetent, please forgive me!" She yelled tears almost falling from her eyes.

"You are sorry?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry! The first prefecture princess and the finacé of the first prince of Kaley almost went missing because of your incompetence and you say I should forgive you?" The duchess walked towards her.

"I... I am sorry... Your grace, please be merciful! I have a family please! please!" She pulled the maid up by her hair making the maid struggle a little in pain. A small groan resonated from her mouth, she still dared not look up, which would seal her coffin.

"Thank you for your services! Your corpse will be sent back to your family for a proper burial." Her eyes widened.

"Your grace I beg of you! Please I beg you! I have no idea this had happened! Please your grace I am begging you! I have a little brother I have to take care of my sick mother, they have nobody!" The maid crawled towards her and held the tip of her long elegant dress.

"I am being very merciful here! That girl is important and she is the future of Hasten!" The duchess yelled and killed her away from her clothes, how dare she? clothes would cost her every breath she had taken since she had been born. Born then again she was a mere peasant, her existence is not her concern.

"Mother!" Beatrice entered, being the second prefecture princess and the legitimate daughter of the duchess. She found favor in so many eyes.

Having pale skin, almost as white as snow, a small breast that had fallen due to puberty, hanging loosely without the help of her corset, her green eyes innocent and childlike, the small pouty lips and the straight blonde hair reaching to her waist made her so much more attractive to the eyes and befitting to the see.

Her beauty could not be measured, she was said to be the number one young beauty of the city. She was petite and not more than the size of a teenage boy entering puberty. She was the city's jewel.

Princess Irisa And The Fragile Prince.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara