16

* * * *
"Where did you go to Samuel? We need to leave!" Samuel sighed, a slight frown graced his face, he was worn out from this illness and the stress of trying to make sure they got to Bayal, and Raymond was making known that he was not liked at all. The maid said little to him, she seemed very shy, he was surprised at her outburst the previous night.

Prince Aaron was very unreasonable, he could h say not find a physician. "We should leave now... The princess is awake and the swelling has gone down, we will get to Bayal before nightfall and we will not rest until we find the lake." She told the both of them making them nod their head showing their understanding and agreement.

They started their journey out of Omoral soon after, Samuel behind them, Raymond at their front, they made sure the journey was fast as possible.

Three hours later, they arrived at a village near Omoral. Entering the deserted village, Raymond looked around, it was very strange, the day was a work day so the villagers should be on their farms, working.

They entered the main part of the village and heard loud cries, Irisa frowned opening her curtain, "why is there no one in the village?" she observed. Aaron pulled his part and truth be told, there was nobody, finally, they got to the village square. Raymond couldn't be more shook by what he saw.

Men in Omoral's soldier wears, butchering people, the villagers on their knees weeping. Girls were tied and held on a platform.

"Nancy! Stop Raymond!" Irisa yelled and they came to a halt, Aaron frowned confused, he wanted to know what she was about to do.

"I am coming, you stay here," Aaron shook his head and pulled her arm back, "Irisa you are dying! We need to find the lake! We do not have time for what you are about to do!" Irisa shook her head, "We cannot just leave this person to suffer. We are royalty it our the job to rule the people."

"After everything we have done, what has gotten, we are just royalty by name! Let us leave now!" she shook her head.

"I am not doing this for them! These people are suffering! I will not leave," Aaron scoffed, "princess what are you doing? Why not just let leave, the faster we get out of this village the better."

She got out of the carriage, she moved toward the laughing soldiers, "what do you think you are doing!" she yelled at them, the men frowned, and everybody's attention was on her.

"Why are you punishing this person?!" Samuel walked behind her. Nancy held her lady's arm.

"And who are you? Why do you care what we are doing here?!" A soldier asked looking over them arrogantly.

"Release them." she simply stated making them scoff, "who do you think you are coming here and disrupting our celebrations," the other soldiers laughed heartily.

"Release these people soldiers, I do not want any trouble, I am not in the mood for this nonsense!"

"Shut your mouth!" a soldier holding a crying maiden tightly shouted, "you are a mere stranger and you come here commanding us!"

"Watch your mouth soldier!"

"Or what?!" he looked them up and down, "who is your leader, I want to speak to him! I want to know why these people are being treated this way?" she asked and walked toward them.

"I am the leader! And I want you to say whatever you want to say and leave this place now! You are already overstepping by being here."

"Who were you authorized by to this?"

"The King of Omoral has decided that this village has been a thorn on his back! The kingdom is the owner of the village, why do you care?!" he stated annoyed by their curiosity.