31

* * * *
Aaron walked toward the room, Nancy and Samuel stood to their feet as they saw him approaching, "your highness," they bowed harmoniously.

"How is the princess?" Aaron asked glancing at the door.

"She is resting your highness. The physical has asked us not to bother her." Aaron nodded.

"You should not have come here, Samuel! The prince will be suspicious?"

"I know you do not trust me but I have entrusted the princess's life and I will do everything to make sure she stays alive."

"How could you say this? M'lady was worried! She could not sleep, she almost collapsed when the news arrived that you were kidnapped. She was ready to get killed just to save you!"

"Your lady was injured! She should not have traveled, how could you allow her?"

"Do not blame us, your highness, you lied! The princess will not be in that state if you had not lied, if you just looked past your ego and if you had taken her to Venusa!" Nancy snapped.

"Do not make that my fault too Nancy! I was going to bring her but she kept going and going about how I am nothing but a slave to the crown prince and the Empress!"

"You are the prince, and I respect you very much but m'lady would be better off without being your wife. It brings only regret and pain, to be honest, I can not handle if she eventually destroys herself just to see you on that throne!"

Aaron swallowed feeling overwhelmed, "I am tired of it all and that is why I have decided to back out, you told me not to. Irisa is my wife, if I am the prince, and if I have become the Emperor, it is only right she rules by my side." Nancy took in a deep breath.

"Please your highness, m'lady might not say it but your journey to the throne will be filled with bloodshed, you have not even started it and the Empress has done unspeakable things to her. She only but a woman!"

"I will speak to her, and I will decide what I must do but do not ever speak to me in a such manner again!" Nancy bowed begrudgingly and moved out of the way. Aaron opened the door and closed it, he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, he leaned onto the door feeling truly exhausted. His life has been truly awful and it was not going to get better.

He wanted to stay here for Irisa's sake, she had suffered too much damage after becoming his wife Kaley will not get better if he stared and did nothing. Those families were not the only corrupt ones. The entire court was full of corrupt leaders that were too greedy to see that the Kaley people were suffering.

Aaron approached Irisa slowly, he felt his throat constrict as he sat next to her, he touched her arm that was fisted into a ball, "I am so sorry that all of this has happened to you under my watch, I have not been the best husband to you."

He looked back toward the win as the son went down, and darkness covered the sky, it was beautiful scenery outside as the moon slowly resumed its position.

"Everything is so confusing, I was so determined that taking the throne was not enough to help the Kaley people but what could one man too, even with an army everything would fail if I do not have the true support of people that matter..." he sighed and glanced at her making sure she was well positioned.

Her chest rose and fell, as she continued her dreamless sleep, "you can so strong, Irisa but you do not deserve all this, all this pain and hurt. Everything is just so confusing and then my father decided to add himself to the equation, I never could tell you this but he destroyed the letter." he paused and scoffed a heavy feeling of disappointment settled on his chest.

"How could he have done what he did? I am his son am I not? I can not how somebody could hate his flesh and blood. Everybody wants me to have their vision of what Kaley should be. How do I even gain the trust of the people, everyone has seen me as weak and unable to walk or defend myself for years, how do people go from that to fully trusting that I am capable to rule?"