41

* * * *
"Your highness," Irisa said but Aaron shook his head, "I know what you want to say, you can not convince me."

"Aaron are you serious? Now that things are finally going as you planned you are going to compromise it?"

"I will not compromise you for the throne!"

"Nobody ever said you should! I support you regardless but think about the people that have given their lives up in the hope of you becoming the next emperor! What do you want them to do?"

"So you want me to sacrifice the love of my life for a throne,"

"Nobody is saying you should! You are very indecisive! One minute you want the throne the next you think you are not fit to rule! Aaron nobody is putting a knife to my neck and trying to kill me, the throne will not."

"But the fight for it might! I cannot risk losing you, if I lose you, I die, we all die. I can die but I cannot live with myself if you die because of the throne, I would never forgive myself."

"Then you cannot lose, you will take it either by hook or crook."

* * * *
Feeling refreshed, Aaron headed outside with Irisa by his arm, they walked in unison and silence little group of maids followed them. They said nothing to each other after the conversation they had earlier. Irisa heard everything Raymond said and had managed to convince him of his destiny. She assured him she would leave the capital if anything goes wrong.

He refused for her to return with him to the capital but she would not let that happen, this was not a one man fight, he would to use all his strength and intelligence to deal with them. Donald and the Empress were not small opponent. They would fight with everything they had and made sure they won. He needed to be stealthy and smart if he wanted to outsmart them.

They walked into the dinning hall and everyone turned to look at them, with a sour expression. Raymond had probably informed them of what happened in the morning. Aaron pulled a chair for Irisa, she took her seat quietly.

Aaron greeted everyone who were still staring at them, "I know that Raymond must have told you my decision to give up on the race to the throne, this was my initial decision before Irisa made me see reasons far beyond my purpose for becoming the Emperor. I have decided to work with all of you and do everything I can to get there," he stated clearing their doubt.

The master looked from him to the princess, "do not worry, Aaron, you will win this fight."

* * * *
"We should arrive in the capital in three days, I do not know if I could convince the Empress to stop the negotiation, the Emperor might have stated the Vallian king's willingness to support my reign but he still cannot be trusted. Allying will make our long-strained relationship better but at this time he is unpredictable and he could turn against us anytime."

"You are going to be alright," the master smiled and tapped his shoulder, "remember you have to be careful. Danger lurks everywhere, even at the plain slight. Ally's made turn false, friends may turn foes, watch your back and protect the princess," Aaron before looking back at the carriage that held the princess.

Isabelle climbed her horse with Ruby helping her, she bowed and walked toward the little soldiers that were to follow them.

* * * *
SILKON VALLEY.

Pearl opened her eyes, looked around, and sat up her eyes widening, she swallowed praying what happened was not what she was thinking. Her eyes flew to the person next to get and she closed her eyes groaning, "God!" she started and opened the covers looking at her naked self.