9

* * * *
"M'lady! M'lady!" Nancy yelled entering the room. Irisa looked up toward her from the scroll she had been reading, "what is it, Nancy? What rumors have you brought to me now?" she asked almost rolling her eyes at her panting maid.

Nancy sat on the cranky bed and smiled, "we are going to the palace!" she almost yelled making Irisa frown.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, The crown prince is back in the capital and there are rumors that he is going to take your sister as his wife. The King is throwing a feast for him and his men for succeeding to conquer the enemy state Silkon valley, we were invited! I was so shocked when they made the announcement."

"Are you sure about this?" she asked skeptically.

"I am not lying to you, my lady! The king's guard announced to the first prince. He didn't seem shocked! I think he knew beforehand."

"Alright, I will inquire when supper comes," Nancy nodded.

"Where is the book I asked you to search for in the library?" Nancy smiled sheepishly. She stood to her feet, "I am sorry, m'lady I was... I was carried away... I will go fetch the book as soon as possible."

She ran out of the room with Irisa shaking her head, "can you imagine?" she asked shaking her head and going back to the scroll reading

* * * *
"Mother!" he bowed a little, The Empress quickly pulled him up, smiling. "My son! You are here! I am so happy you are here!" she hugged him tightly, and tears of joy fell from her eyes.

She hadn't seen her beloved son in months now and she couldn't contain her happiness. "I am so happy you are here! Come! Come in my son! We have all been eagerly awaiting your return!" she wiped her tears away and sniffed making Donald smile.

"Mother you are over dramatic, Tis being what several months we saw we saw, I have sent my regard through letters to you. To make sure you understand that I am fine!"

"Oh please, we those excuses! I haven't seen the son that I birthed in months and you want me to be rest assured?"

"Mother, common now! I am a grown man now, and I have responsibilities, especially with my father's old age. We have to make sure the kingdom is protected at all costs."

"Even to the detriment of your life?" she asked seriously as the maid helped her to take sit on her stool not far from the large tearoom's balcony.

"I am just saying, mother... The kingdom comes first... We can't expect everything to handle itself... People do not know of their father's illness but if they know, it could cause an uproar... Silkon Valley will finally have its way into the kingdom... We must ensure that doesn't happen."

"Well." his mother sighed knowing he wouldn't take what she was about to say well, "your father... He has asked you to return because he wants you to take his diplomatic responsibilities from him..."

Donald pursed his lips, "my father or you which one of them desires this mother?" he asked seriously raising an eyebrow and staring intently at the woman.

"That isn't important my son! I am not just comfortable with that thing! Having control and making decisions in your father's name, I mean, can't you see giving that much importance could give him ideas, he could start feeling more than what he is."

"Oh please mother, all this is in your head. Aaron is a Margot that was born to serve me. I think that it could that he do something meaningful after all there is nothing he wants to do with his wasteful existence..."

"Don't think about it like that! You need to know about diplomacy... A king not only needs the skill of a painter, the heart of an artist, the intelligence of a scholar, and the bravery of a soldier, you must have all of them, you can depend on anyone especially not that abomination!"