17

* * * *
Irisa pulled the coughing Samuel out of the river, then suddenly turned green. She coughed and looked at him, Aaron standing over them, tall and broad. He held the sword so skilfully and she had watched him fight those things! He was skilled, he had fought them before! It has no problem with him, it was as though he already knew their weaknesses.

"Princess, are you alright?" Aaron asked slamming the sword or the ground, he fell to his knees trying to check if the water had worked, "you... You can walk Aaron! You can walk!" Aaron looked at his own body and looked back at her. She looked shattered and broken, he sighed, that what was the maiden Martha was talking about! He should have known.

"Was I going to die without knowing the truth?" Irisa asked feeling betrayed.

Samuel coughed slowly regaining consciousness, he whipped his head toward Aaron to finding his position unbelievable.

"You lied." Samuel simply stated and shook his head, "why have you lied for this long..."

"We need to get out of here now!" Aaron stood to his looking around him as the dissolved guards starting evolving again. Irisa helped Samuel up who still felt weak. He had never felt that kind of cut before, thank the Gods their lake wasn't far from them.

Aaron walked smoothly toward the wheelchair and turned it around glancing at the two of them in amazement, "we have to take another route outside this place." Irisa glanced at Samuel's face who also was mesmerized by what he was seeing.

Aaron yanked out jewellery and walked toward another part of the waterfall, he slammed the jewelry into the wall and it opened shaking the room violently. It was as though they were back to where they started from. Irisa frowned, how did he know of this route?

She felt everything suddenly change due to what she and the soldier had just witnessed, he could not only stand well, he was a skilled fighter. Aaron took the pathway clenching his jaw, he could feel the princess's and the soldier's stare.

They stopped and saw Martha scoffing and smirking, "they know the truth my prince! Now they know how you will be king and not your brother and do not even think of telling the crown prince because if you do Samuel, the Gods shall strike you down!"

"You will take her to your home and I do not mean that manor, your actual home, they will treat her like the future queen she is!"

"I am not going anywhere with this liar!" she spat out angrily.

"You do not have a choice in this matter, Irisa. This are the instructions of the Gods." Irisa scoffed, "Gods?!"

"Do not say another word!" Martha shouted silencing her. She looked away from him not wanting to cause herself more anger.

"You will go back to the prince and tell him an healer, a strange one managed to suck the poison out of the princess and you will tell him you are suspicious of Aaron's behavior. You will demand he let you stay by their side but you will be the ear and the eyes of Aaron in the palace and you will be Irisa's guard."

Samuel nodded slowly, what mess had he gotten himself into, he just wanted to survive now he was stuck with them, knowing them they wouldn't trust him no matter what he said or did.

"Return to my cottage, take your people and leave." Irisa nodded and make sure she stuck by Samuel's side because he seemed more trustworthy than her husband.

They got to the front of the cottage, finding Raymond and Nancy, her eyes widened, before she ran toward her lady's side. She asked brightly, "m'lady! You seem healed! Is your illness gone?!" Irisa smiled softly and nodded.

"It is, I mean, we need to leave now." Aaron walked back to them, making Namcy's eyes widened.

"You are not wet at all, did you take a bath in the lake at all?"