42

* * * *
"What is wrong?" Pearl whispered, it was almost dawn and they had spent the entire night in their passion giving themselves as much pleasure as possible. Pearl was in Dominic's arms rubbing his chest softly. He was rubbing her hair, taking in her smell knowing that she was leaving the next day.

He did not want to let her go, he finally had her and now she was leaving but he knew that everything could be ruined if their affair was found out. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, "I just want to savor the moment."

Pearl frowned knowing what he meant. In a few more hours, she was going to be on her way to Kaley. A place she had once regarded as home, this was where she knew as home now and she did not want to change it, not after knowing that this man next to her wanted her. She was the only woman after her he had ever let get this close to him. It must mean something should it not?

"I do not want to let you go," he whispered, he wanted her to hear at the same time he did not want her to leav. After all the time they had spent together, he had not confessed to her and now she was leaving and he was on the brink of losing her, he was finding closure. No! It was impossible for him! He could never find closure.

Fuck the two thousand men! He would keep her if she wanted to stay, he would marry even, "I have to, you have agreed to send me back and it cannot change no matter what."

His clenched his jaw knowing she was right, why could she not forgot logic for once, he wanted her to stay in his arms forever, he could not get the sick feeling of her leaving it of him, "you do know that your first brother is going to take the throne right and I am supporting him?" he did not know why he said that, he knew that she would forever be loyal to his mother and she would inform them of all of their plans ruining what the Emperor had envisioned.

"What do you have to say about that?" Dominic questioned when she said nothing to him, Pearl sighed and closed her eyes, "Donald is incompetent, I do not wish to rule, Aaron has been neglected all his life, taking a throne that is rightfully he is not such a bad thing," Dominic nodded understanding.

Every time they had a conversation more and more he fell for her, the way she saw the good in people, her innocence, and the way she would do anything and go to any length to help the people she loved. Everything about her was beautiful, her love for small animals, and sweet things had gotten to him more than he liked.

He could not even say when he started liking her but he knew that it would not end. "To be honest with you, I do not wish to return to Kaley, I have stayed in Silkon Valley for years. I would feel out of place, but you and I know well enough that this war will never allow me to stay. My mother would destroy Silkon Valley if I do not make a return."

Dominic knew all she said was true, but it was not less painful. Her arrival tomorrow in Kaley would determine the future of the nations, he could not risk millions of his people's life for one, even though he wanted to badly.

"I have fallen for you Pearl and I know that it is ludicrous to speak of it now, knowing you are no longer going to be here, I wish I said something earlier, maybe we would have had more time together but know this, till I enter my grave, you would have my heart!"

Pearl's hands tightened, her heart pounded and she closed her eyes, "I wish we had more time Domomic I really do! I wish we could be in each other's arms forever but you know we can call a truce! Seize fire and we could speak of an alliance to better the country."