35

* * * *
HARRITON: CAPITAL CITY.

"Is the water as I have requested?" Beatrice questioned. The maids serving her nodded Bowing their heads. They prayed to God that nothing goes wrong because she would have their head if it does. She slipped into the scalding hot water, taking a deep breath. The last few days had been exhausting for her, she tried to not think about her husband's newfound obsession with her half-sister.

Even after leaving the capital city, her presence was still ever strong in his mind. The night before, he stumbled into a chamber, in a drunken mess. He pulled his clothes off and had his way with her, he proceeded to vomit all his stomach content on her and pushed her off her bed, before passing out.

It was constantly getting more and more depressing, was this the pain she was going to suffer if he becomes Emperor? With his obsession with Irisa and Irisa's husband's impending death, was she going to have a place in Donald's reign? She was going to be the unloved Empress. She sent words to her mother about the recent occurrence. She was met with the utmost hostility.

She could not understand why her mother would not support her beyond the title, she was truly exhausted by everything that was happening to her.

She heard a series of footsteps, but she continued her bath, "drop the towels near me, I am not ready to leave the bath yet." she commanded the maidservants. The person dropped to their knees before yanking her hair. She yelped but a thick piece of clothing was shoved into her mouth, her hands were pulled apart, and she cried trashing around. She tried to call for help but to no avail.

A sharp blade was pulled from the individual that held her head in place. Tears fell as she cried, screaming but her cries were muffled by the thick clothing. Her head was shaved roughly, and different spots were bleeding as she trashed around.

After the shaving, a fresh blade was brought out and three distinct cuts on her arms were made, she cried as they took apart her flesh and covered it in white clothing, "with great power comes great responsibility, you should have not degraded your clansmen." the individual whispers into her ears. They withdrew and in seconds were out of her inner chambers.

She yanked the thick clothing out and shrieked in utter agony. Her throat tightened as she couldn't lift her bleeding arms. She cried desperately wishing that what had happened was unreal.

A maid gasped as soon as she entered the bathing area, too surprised to say anything, more guards entered the room, before turning away at the princess's naked sight. What they had done was reasonable but in the case of her life, everything would be done to save her.

"Summon the physician now!" a guard yelled at his inferior who got to work running out of the room, the guard glanced at the princess who the maid had tried to pass a towel but accepted no help. She cried bitterly, regretting ever taking her bath. The palace was the most protected place and if they could do a thing like this that meant anything could happen in Kaley.

"Your highness what happened here?" the guard tried to question not turning toward her, scared of the consequences.

"Can you not see she disheartened?! How could ask such questions as this particular point in time?" the maid snapped at him. The princess pushed the maid off, crying uncontrollably, the words repeating in her ear. She would never forget that voice. She could never forget how they held her down not to assassinate her but to shave her head off. Tears continued falling from her eyes as she held a part of the wooden tub.

"I am only trying to perform my duty here! Can you at least clothe her so we can help her out of the tub?" he replied the maid, who scoffed.

"Your tongue speaks so vulgarly, do not forget you are in the presence of the princess! Can you not see that the princess is suffering? She disheartened! Why are you here exactly? You are of no help," she snapped back at him.