12

* * * *
The feast continued joyfully with people dancing and eating and conversing. Irisa stood by a corner next to her husband, wishing honestly that she could join in the dancing and merry. No man except her father, her brothers, or her husband could ask her to marry him.

It was normal and since her brothers weren't at the feast, her father behaved as though she didn't exist and her husband was crippled and unable to do much she stood there watching as ladies joyfully showed their dance moves.

Beatrice made sure to hang around Donald through the feast, much to his dismay. His mother had filled the young lady with ideas of marriage he didn't think he could commit to. He wondered if he was king how would he pick his queen? He lacked compassion and was some-hearted but used the excuse of love to stall and delay the marriage as long as he could.

"My prince will you like a drink?" Irisa asked, trying to distract herself. She could not help but feel jealous, how could everyone have someone to dance with but she was sidelined and restricted? She hated this. Nothing to do but sit and wallow in what the Duchess had turned her into.

She couldn't even resent Aaron, he was also helpless I'm this matter, he hadn't asked to be crippled or for his face to be deformed. He wore that mask all the time and she could understand how embarrassed he must be just seeing the people that were supposed to love him the most behave as if he was an unwanted burden. It was sad.

"No, thank you..."

"Your grace..." A servant bowed slightly, "the Empress requests your presence at the end of the hall," she frowned, what has she done? Why would the Empress demand her presence? She didn't understand.

"I will be there as soon as possible, thank you." Irisa smiled, making the servant nod and move swiftly to find something to do.

"Why would my mother want to see you?" Aaron frowned, confused. His mother doesn't like him and he was sure she didn't like his wife too.

"I am not sure, let me find out," she nodded at her maid and she followed her, walking toward the end of the large golden hall. "Why does she request your presence m'lady?" Nancy whispered, bowing when she needed to. Irisa shook her head, "I do not know. Let us go there first and find out what she wants."

In minutes they got where the Empress stood, "good evening Mother..." Iris's bowed slightly with her make by her side.

"How dare you?!" she yelled making both of them fall to their knees, the Empress scoffed and stared at the pitiful bitches that dared to call her mother. Who did she think was?

"I think that the title you are holding has deceived you and has made you think you something more than you are! I am warning you now! Your husband is nothing here and you will be nothing just like him! This is your destiny and I hope to God that you do not annoy me because if you do I have been authorized to catch your tongue off." she scolded making Irisa swallow.

"I am sorry your highness, it was never my intention to disrespect or offend you! I am so sorry!" she pleaded.

"You will stay by your husband's side no matter what and you will die a nobody married to a nobody told you, I heard you came causing a ruckus in the front of the palace, the day after your marriage?" Irisa shook her head.

"It wasn't like that your highness, I..."

"Oh please! I do not need excuses! You will make sure nothing of sort happens again or you will pay dearly. I am not Jessica, I do not tolerate insolence nor do I allow insults! If you try to humiliate the royal family then I will cut off your head!" she yelled once more making Irisa bow in fear.

What was this?! She hadn't done anything to warrant all this? Why would her mother-in-law talk to her like that? She hadn't done anything to her except that she married her first son which she treated as unwanted.