15

* * * *
"Nancy! Nancy wait!" Raymond shouted frightened and notified, Nancy continued to run in a direction even Raymond didn't know. "Please wait!" he shouted again, she gasped seeing a carriage swiftly missing her, she swallowed looking into the sky just noticing the rain that was pouring down on them heavily.

Raymond pulled her into his arms and she fell into it whole-heartedly, tears leaked from her eyes anguish tearing her down. She swallowed the heavy lump that had settled in her throat feeling like the whole world was on her shoulder, Irisa was not only her lady but also like a sister to her, her only family. The only one that had ever shown her kindness.

Nobody else meant more to her and now she was going to die! There was nowhere she was going to allow that! How could Aaron refuse to find them a physician, she was his wife after all. Could he not just put his stupid logic aside? He would allow his wife to die! Was that how unimportant she was to him?

"She... She..." she stammered out in anguish and unimaginable pain. "I am sorry," he said sadly, he could understand what she was feeling, she kept sniffing, wallowing in the pain, shiver gripped her edges, and her teeth clamped. She held him tightly gripping his shirt, "I wish this didn't happen," he pulled up her chin and she stared into his eyes filled with regret, "Nancy, but it has and there is nothing we can do."

She shook her head in pain and tried to pull out of his grip, "we cannot do anything, Nancy, calling a physician will not do anything, besides we barely have any money left," Nancy frowned, shocked by what she was hearing, "what are you talking about didn't the Empress give you any money to secure this journey?"

"No," he sighed, "she did not." Nancy blinked and shook her head not believing that the woman was that cruel, her mistress had saved her don't life! How could she even live knowing she has caused her lady's death?...

"Jessica and Beatrice!" he gritted out remembering the duchess and the second prefecture princess! She clenched her jaw angrily and wiped the angry tears from her eyes, with a new set of hope and determination, she up to Raymond's eyes, "we are going to Bayal to find that lake! And we will find it and we will cure my lady and she will regain her full health." she stormed back into the motel furious.

"Nancy?" Irisa called weakly as soon as the wet maid entered the room, Nancy ran toward her lady, gripping her weak cold hands in despair and happiness, "I am here M'lady!" Tears of joy and sadness rushed from her eyes, she started sadly at the woman who her family and the only benefactor she knew.

"I am so sorry m'lady," she cried for her lady, how could the Gods be so wicked to do this! She couldn't dare curse the gods but she could, she would have done it a long time ago.

"What are you talking about Nancy?" Irisa raised an eyebrow, Nancy shook her head wiping her tears and trying to rein in her sob, and Raymond runner her back to make her feel calmer, "you... You are here because of me! You shouldn't have married him if my life wasn't on the line!" she sniffed rubbing her lady's cold hands, trying to put in some heat.

"Why would you ever say that?" Irisa said softly, "If it not for the threat of my death by the duchess you will not be married to..." she stopped her words knowing that disrespecting the prince was a treasonable offence.

"I will find the lake! You will be cured and you will walk, laugh, and be with me, with us, again like we were before everything!" Irisa nodded slowly and sadly, after death it was going to be harder for Nancy to accept what happens to her.

"It's past midnight, can we all just go to bed, we will continue our late in the morning, while everyone has had breakfast and is active to go, Samuel nodded and moved out of the room quickly, Raymond soon after followed him after a bow to the royals. Nancy was the last to leave the room, she stared at her lady's weak form tears filled her eyes again.