13

* * * *
Aaron was pushed forward staring at his wife who was carried in the arms of a strong guard. He managed to enter the carriage, then placed into it. She groaned, almost conscious.

Raymond pulled Aaron up and slowly managed to place him into the carriage, "Are you ready?" Raymond asked and Nancy took a seat next to the carriage wheeler.

"We are," Nancy answered and the carriage moved out slowly, it moved from the back of the palace toward the north of the capital.

An hour passed while the journey continued, Irisa groaned and slowly, opened her eyes. "Aaron?" she whispered weakly and he smiled at her.

"Princess, you are awake," he stated and she tried to pull herself up but he pushed her down. "You are weak, do only strain yourself." he helped her back down.

"I... I know..." she whispered placing her head on his shoulder. He stared down at her, rubbing her arm. "Where are we going?"

"Bayal," he whispered, "we have to get the antidote for the water-hemlock poison."

She hmmed and held him tighter, "why did you do it?" he inquired, making her look up at him.

"I..."

"What happened? How did you get to know about the crown prince's assassination?" he asked again, Irisa frowned noticing that he never called the crown prince his brother.

"I... I heard a woman... her name is... Rea..." she stammered.

"Rea?" Aaron blinked, she looked up to his face, "you know her?" he nodded.

"Yeah, she was Princess Pearl's friend, her parent was accused of treason and they were killed by the crown prince. Their status was removed and her siblings were exiled."

"She did talk about her parent's death and how he defiled her. There... There was another man I think he is a guard, Phi... Phi..."

"Philip, the crown prince's guard."

"He seemed in love with her." Aaron frowned, "in love? Rea?" she nodded.

"They confessed their love and affection and then she left. I just... I just wanted to save the prince... I didn't mean for anything of this to happen,"

"I know! I know," he hugged her harder. "The crown prince was grateful for it but now you might die because of it," he informed her making her nod.

"I am dying..."

"We will find the antidote you won't die," he stated surely as though not only trying to assure her but himself.

"If you mean the lake of the Gods in Bayal then I am a dead woman already," she said jokingly.

"Do not say that, you will not die, we will find the cure."

"The lake of Gods dried 20 years ago, Even though we go to Bayal there is no cure for the water-hemlock poison." Aaron sighed.

"We will look, we can give up without attempting, we have to do something. I will not let you die," she scoffed.

"Why do you care so much anyways? You have neglected me ever since I became your wife as though I am unwanted or a burden to you."

"Do not say that."

"But that is the truth, my prince..." she sat up and looked into his eyes. "You behave as though you care now. You do not... Because if you do... Then you treat me like an enemy."

"I do not princess."

"You do. I am not asking your one but can we not just come to a middle ground, I am dying Aaron and you are trying to force me to have false hope," Aaron school his head, "that is not what I am doing, we will find the lake and you be cured."