21

* * * *
"Let us go back into the palace," he sighed looking as the woman moved swiftly out of the garden.

"Yes your highness!" the soldier said and helped the Emperor back toward where he had been followed.

He hadn't heard everything Aaron had said, but he knew that what he had done to his mother was known to not only him but his wide too."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, he made a mistake that had cost the lives of millions of people and his appointed heir was not going to do anything about the conflict, he was sure Donald was going to do more harm than good, he didn't even understand what diplomacy was. How would an Emperor rule the whole of Kaley if all he knew was war and conflict?

The Empress was no better, aiding and helping her son to commit evil atrocities, the letter was impossible to find because he had destroyed it a long time ago. He shook his head, coughing out dry blood, making the soldier next to him, staring at him worried.

He knew he didn't have much time left, and he had to make amends and redress what he had done, if not for the pointless death of the Vallian princess but for the people of Kaley who have suffered the most in all of this matter.

"Send silent words to the military chief, the Vallian king, and the head of the king's council, I have to discuss some important things, tell the Vallian king that it is imperative he sends one of the spies."

The soldier frowned but said nothing about his confusion, "yes your highness. I will get right into it." he bowed unceremoniously and turned to walk away, the Emperor glanced at Donald who walked towards his quarters, "and Desmond?" the soldier glanced back at the Emperor, "you are not to speak of this to anyone." he waned and the soldier nodded, "I understand your highness, I will leave at once."

"Father!" Donald called making the Emperor sigh in dismay. "What is it you want Donald?"

"I just came to check if you were still alive, your highness. I thought your sickness would have taken your life." the Emperor scoffed.

"You are so eager for my death that you have come to check on me?" Donald took his sit on a piece of comfortable furniture not far from the Emperor.

"There is no need to lie to each other, Caser! Your death is near and all of us know it. You do not need to try and keep this strong facade up." Caser shook his head.

"I am not surprised by your insolence, you think that you are the only heir that I can choose?"

Donald threw his head back and laughed heartily, shaking violently, he laughed as though what he said was the funniest thing he had heard in a while, "you are not serious are you?" Donald asked not seriously, believing he just said that.

"Caser your first son is crippled and unable to do a thing with that stupid guard of his, your daughter is even too young to know what a throne is. Your brothers are loyal to me and would do whatever I say!"

Caser shook his head, "I wish you are not my son! How do you say this to your father?" Donald scoffed.

"You useless to us all Caser, it would be better to wrap this up and take something to just let yourself go. It will help everyone!"

Caser clenched his jaw, "you are going to destroy Kaley if you rule it! You are a lost cause and you will not rule!" Caser yelled furiously.

"Who wants to take my place, Pearl? Aaron?" Donald chuckled and stood to his feet, "you are just bluffing Caser, take your herbs and go to sleep. It will be better for all of us!" he smiled maliciously standing to his feet, "we wouldn't want anything happening to you, now would we?"