10

* * * *
The council meeting

.Aaron.

"My queen," A council member stood to his feet and bowed acknowledging the queens and the crown prince. Aaron swallowed, his jaw ticking.

"We are looking into the issue at our border with Silkon Valley. Although the crown prince was able to put the looming conflict to rest, there are still rumors of threats of violence." Aaron frowned.

He had warned the council members before the bastard they wanted to lead them in the future went to the border that violence wouldn't solve anything. Using diplomacy would be the best resort to acquiring long-term peace with them and Silkon valley.

"We need a long-lasting solution to this problem. The locals have been complaining of poisoned water and the destruction of their grains and this is just little of what they have been doing to try and attack great Kaley. We have to silence them forever."

"So what do you propose we do?" she asked the council member. He shook his head looking down, "for now, I have no idea. I am still trying to figure something out. Something that will benefit Kaley the most." Aaron almost scoffed. But of course! Great Kaley must leach off their neighbors to prove some sort of dominance.

Their mentality was sickening and he was frankly tired of it. Taking his advice would have been their best bet but of course what could cripple Aaron know?

He watched as they contemplated and deliberated on how they going to create a long-term solution to the problems they were facing. He wasn't going to suggest diplomacy again. First, they would never take his advice, they believed him to be cripple and incapable and unfit to not only be their crown prince but to make decisions as regards the kingdom at large.

If he eventually suggests it and they take his advice, they would never give him credit nor would they reward him, for his services, they never did.

His mind went back to his wife the first princess of Kaley, a title she held and had nothing to show for it. She practically was holding his manor together. She took care of him and everything and he knew that she was rightfully furious at what had happened yesterday.

He knew he shouldn't have listened to his guard's advice, what did Raymond know about women? He shook his head almost smiling, Irisa had made general efforts but he couldn't help but feel she wasn't to be trusted. She could easily let his hidden secrets out if he trusted her.

Who is to say she wasn't a spy to the Empress? after all, she was raised by that devil Jessica! She could very well be reporting every activity in the manor. Then again there were barely any activities to report, he made sure of it.

"What do you have to say about this Aaron..." he looked up to his younger brother, his mouth thinned in displeasure. It hadn't gone unnoticed that his younger brother wasn't happy about his seat on the council.

He didn't care much about what his brother thought, he was only a fool that used violence to think.

"I have no contribution, my prince," he said respectfully.

"Oh so all of us are deliberating here, trying to find a solution to a looming problem for Kaley and you sit there with nothing to contribute?" Aaron's jaw clenched, he said nothing, knowing that the insult was going next.

"Tell me again why you are on this council?!" Donald eyed the useless thing. "If mother is cuddling you and too afraid to say, then I will speak the truth. You are a burden here! I am not sure why you keep forcing yourself on us! The council members do not need your service! You are absolutely useless. If I were you I would kill myself..."