6

* * * *
"And finally this is the garden, it is dead as you can see but it was once blooming flourishing, until..." Anita stopped herself from saying further making Irisa and Nancy frown simultaneously.

"Until what?" Anita shook her head at the question.

"Nothing," she dismissed, "I hope you understand and you were to get something out of the tour," Irisa nodded.

"I did, but you were saying something?" Irisa pressed, she shook her head looking away.

"It's nothing important mistress, I am going to be in the kitchen if you need anything," she bowed slightly and walked away quickly, 'what was with everyone in this place and being very weird.' Her new husband had dismissed them an hour ago and Anita had been instructed by him to give them a tall of the manor.

With everything she had seen, it seems as though this manor was at this point not only by time but by man-made factors too. The kitchen was too old, it needed repairing, the dining area needed cleaning, the main hall was nothing to write home about. The garden was dead and most rooms were unused and dirty. She had asked why there weren't more maids for the cleaning ad the taking care of the manor.

Anita had laughed it off and made a joke about how they were the forgotten leg of the royal family.

"M'lady, this place is awful, how could we live here?" Nancy looked around, Irisa walked towards her room.

"Let go and check the account book," she was informed that the manor's account books were already delivered to her room. She was going to check it first then make a decision. Although she was still thinking of going to the royal family for help she had to check how their funds were managed first and how much they were given.

They entered the room and Nancy drew out the chair bringing the old books that also had the reoccurring stale smell like the rest of the manor.

She opened the book and looked at the torn and tattered pages. "These pages are too old, is this the only book that was delivered?" Nancy nodded.

"Are you sure?" she nodded once again, eyes scanning the room to check if there was another book that she had missed.

"No m'lady, that all the book, miss Anita had delivered," she sighed and opened the last page not bothering to check the other pages.

"This is on the fourth day of the ninety-fifth year of Kaley, how could that be possible?"

"That nine years ago m'lady," she looked up at her maid.

"Are you saying the last time this manor received any services from the royal household was nine years ago?" Nancy blinked and checked the books herself.

"That explains a lot," Irisa shook her head, "but why? Why would they not give any services or money to the first prince manor?" she asked her maid who shook her head confused too.

"I don't understand too, I felt as though the fact that the prince is disabled should be more reason why he would be given more supplies than most of the family." Irisa stood to her feet.

"Nancy," she called looking ahead to the thick first behind her window.

"Yes, m'lady," Nancy who had bent stood to her feet.

"We are going to Anita first, we need answers," she nodded, she turned and walked towards the door, "take the book with you," Nancy grabbed the book and followed her to the kitchen where Anita was warming the food she had refused to eat for lunch.

"Mistress," Anita stood straighter ad walked towards Irisa who was looking confused and worried.

"Is that not the food I refused to eat in the morning?" Anita smiled and nodded.