27

* * * *
Irisa could not sleep, the night was going and time was going too. She could not even rest knowing that her husband was out there somewhere and he might die. She could not allow that, she remembered what the maiden had said, he was the only hope of Kaley as it was his destiny to rule.

If he died now then Kaley will fall soon after. She took in a deep breath and stood to her feet, she walked toward the bench and looked around the room, her eyes flew to the weapons on the wall, she walked toward them and pulled two short swords and a longer one. She had to prepare for war because she was going to take it to them.

She wrapped the sword slowly and wore his coat. She knew him well, he would not stand up or make any move. He would much rather die than save himself and where was Raymond in the matter, why was he not protecting his master?

She looked herself over in the mirror, turned walked out of the room, and moved into his office. She took in a deep breath, she knew if she went that nothing might be solved but at least she tried, she would not sit there and allow her husband to die while the people he called family were ready to leave him to die.

She looked around the office searching rapidly for the seal, she opened drawers and pulled out the royal seal, pushed it into her pouch, and ran out of the office quietly. She proceeded to the stables quietly. She took the door out of the stable and climbed unto it.

"M'lady!" Nancy called from the front of the stable, Irisa took a deep breath she knew that Nancy was going to try and stop her but she was not going to allow it.

"I do not have time for this Nancy!" she stated as Nancy walked toward where her horse stood.

"M'lady! You need to stop! Please,"

"Take care of himself? Nancy, he was kidnapped and he will not come back!" Nancy shook her head.

"M'lady you and I know he can walk and he can fight very well! He will save himself!"

"He will not!" Irisa cut her off, "he will not save himself because he would rather die than let anyone know that he can work."

"You do not know that! Besides, where are you going to find him? How? Venusa is one of the biggest states in Kaley, you are alone. Venusa is my home state!"

"I will turn the city upside down if it means bringing Aaron back. He has a destiny to fulfill and I will not allow him to die just like that."

"You are not thinking straight, do not sacrifice yourself for him! You are a woman, how will you save him if he can not save himself?" Nancy asked but Irisa refused to think about that. She knew if she sat to think she would not go and the anxiety and worry that he would die in a few days will kill her.

"Will you go with me?" Irisa asked slowly making Nancy tilt her head.

"M'lady, you have to stay! We can not..."

"Answer me Nancy will you go with me? You know Venusa better than and it will be easier to navigate!" Nancy looked away and sighed weighing the odds. She could not sit and watch her lady walk into a trap knowing that she might die, but she could do little if she went, navigate yes, but she could not wield a sword like her lady.

Her eyes flew to the sword her lady had and took in and nodded, "I go where you go m'lady, and besides. Kaley's fate depends on him, we must find him and make sure he is safe."

Irisa smiled, she stretched out her hand making Irisa frown, "this is the first time you getting on a horse?" Irisa observed as Nancy got unto the horse.

Nancy replied by nodding, "I have made no preparation, no clothes nothing."

"Better, the little we bring the better." Nancy frowned feeling quite agitated as Irisa kicked the horse and it neighed running out of the stable unto the dirt road that led to the front of the manor.