4

* * * *
Nancy helped her lady to dress up into a traditional Hasten grown, she was glad that he had the courtesy to give her clothes from her tribe. She looked more and more beautiful as her curves were more prominent. Nancy added cocoa oil and some sheer butter in between her curls, "all done m'lady," she rose to her feet. She had requested for only Nancy to get her ready, she didn't want all those maids looking at her with curiosity as to why she was marrying that outcast.

"Thank you, Nancy," she adjusted her face veil and checked herself once more in the mirror, it was time for her wedding and now more than ever she felt very sick, tired, and exhausted. This place was too huge. The duchess made sure she was introduced to everyone.

She sighed, the palace was the most guarded place in Kaley and even the duke manor had tight enough security but it is nowhere near the Imperial Palace, how could she possibly run away from this place.

She hadn't even seen her future husband yet, during her engagement, she was just introduced to a bunch of noblemen and elite families, although not a lot of people turned up for the event.

It was as if they all knew what she was thinking too, they were all wondering who could ever marry that useless thing on a chair, he can't move and the very few people that say they have seen him said he wore a mask to cover the scar on his face. Was this who she was going to spend the rest of living her life with, her life surely will be pathetic

It was getting tiring to watch everybody prepare for a wedding she didn't want? She was stuck, tired, and in less than an hour, she was going to be the first princess of Kaley, a title she hated with a passion, but she knew that Nancy and her life were at stake.

If she runs away, she had nowhere to go. Although Kaley is in a big state, it still didn't mean she couldn't be caught. It was treason to humiliate a royal, if she decided to leave now she would be putting her city's life at stake, she was impulsive but even she knew when to give in, she realized at that moment that that was the time.

The door opened and Benedict entered, he was also dressed in royal Hasten attire, looking impeccably handsome and if she wasn't in a horrible mood she would have laughed and joked about his look.

He walked towards her, examining her thin figure, she looked tired, sickly, and lighter than her very dark skin. Even with the layers of makeup, he recognized that she wasn't happy with what was going on.

"Good evening," he said giving her a reassuring smile, she nodded and took his hands knowing what she must do.

"You look very beautiful this night," she said nothing to him as she wasn't in the mood for small talks.

"Irisa, you are going to be okay, you know that right?" she rolled her eyes. Did she complain to him that she was not?

"Are you okay?" he asked as they finally got to the grand hall, she met a bunch of people murmuring and she frowned.

"Wait here, let me check what all the commotion is about." Benedict jogged towards them.

"What wrong?" she asked for the first time that evening. He looked down not speaking.

"Benedict I am asking you a question! Will you answer me or I will the truth myself?" she started walking towards where the commotion was but he pulled her back.

"Don't go there," he muttered.

"Then tell me what the issue is?" she crossed her arms.

"He is not coming,"

"Who isn't coming?" she asked praying it was not who she thought it was. He sighed and pulled her into his arms knowing this was going to be a long day.